Revisiting Beane's most subtly brilliant move as GM

cage

8 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Still........ incredibly high rate of moves that the Bills "win" the trade. 

I remember watching the draft last year (when we drafted Allen and Edmunds) and thinking to myself that Beane is just incredible. It was masterful. Everything was thought out multiple steps ahead.

And all those 2018 draft day moves did not cost us any future picks. That is pretty amazing work.

The Pegulas could sign McDermott and Beane to 10-year extensions and I would be happy. I never imagined the Bills having the "right" head coach. And GM.

I go back to the Kay Stephenson days "well, we're not getting the job done..." so I (we) have been waiting a long time for this dynamic McBeane duo.

The man has made some mistake and was rather quick to correct them. But, Beane has made some great moves with first and foremost finding QB Josh Allen who is looking like the best QB in that draft. Building a decent O line ranked among the top in the league this season. I mean how does the line lose a few players in a game and end it with several first downs by running to close out the game... one word, depth!

I got a kick out of some of the nay sayers in the off season who were whining about this regime and how soon they will all be fired. They know who they are.

4-1 :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

He was the QB on the team that went to the playoffs.  He didn't take that team anywhere.  Bills won 9 games in spite of him; not because of him.

Was it really that much different yesterday?  The team wins when Allen plays a TT type. Game because the defense is awesom. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Realistically every single team does this. They all keep their boards and have rankings of PS players and FAs

Some teams just make more moves in the bottom half of rosters than others

good point - I didn't state that you have to be willing to manage the churn of the last 8-10 guys on roster - McBeane does this part very well

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Was it really that much different yesterday?  The team wins when Allen plays a TT type. Game because the defense is awesom. 

I dont think there has been a poster on this site who has gotten it so wrong over the past 10 years.

Allen is the antithesis of Tyrod, Tyrod protected the ball very well but could not move the team down the field and more importantly could not consistently score to put us ahead in the 4th quarter.  

Allen is prone to turnovers because of some of his decisions but is able to move the chains much more effectively and can lead the team to 4th quarter scores for victories.  You are so invested in Allen not being the guy, I mean for crying out loud you compared him to EJ Manuel that they are of equal talent. 

It's too bad Biscuit, you were the biggest homer when the team sucked for so long and now when they actually have a good organization and team and a true legit franchise QB you have become one of the serial negative nancies.

To each his own.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I dont think there has been a poster on this site who has gotten it so wrong over the past 10 years.

Allen is the antithesis of Tyrod, Tyrod protected the ball very well but could not move the team down the field and more importantly could not consistently score to put us ahead in the 4th quarter.  

Allen is prone to turnovers because of some of his decisions but is able to move the chains much more effectively and can lead the team to 4th quarter scores for victories.  You are so invested in Allen not being the guy, I mean for crying out loud you compared him to EJ Manuel that they are of equal talent. 

It's too bad Biscuit, you were the biggest homer when the team sucked for so long and now when they actually have a good organization and team and a true legit franchise QB you have become one of the serial negative nancies.

To each his own.

Haha, I don’t even know you are. I forgotten more football than you know and if you ever want to go head up on a bet, let me know. Ask BillinNYC. ?

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, I don’t even know you are. I forgotten more football than you know and if you ever want to go head up on a bet, let me know. Ask BillinNYC. ?

Dude, your predictions over the years have been horrendous.  Just sayin' 

And you knowing or not knowing who I am is supposed to mean something?  :lol:

Edited by Magox

12 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Zay has zero trade value if Beane gets anything back we need to build a statue next to Ralphs this year ;)

Time to build that statue I guess. At least he wasn't the one who drafted Zay. Time to find another scapegoat on the offense.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Starting to think his best move was signing John Brown.  That dude is so money

I think we would all love to see a few long vertical connections between Allen and Brown at some point this year!

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I haven't seen such hatred since Will Scarlett had a thing for his half brother. Tyrod is not a QB you win the SB with, but have you explored the possibility that the Bills might still be undefeated this year due to a managed offense and superior defense? Don't get me wrong, Josh Allen is THE Bills QB but the hate in you is strong, Gugny.

I still refer to him as TyGod for helping to end our playoff drought. With that being said we couldn't give him the boot quick enough imo. His play it so safe was maddening as i could see open wrs on my tv screen and constantly yelled for him to throw it or just take off and run. So much talent but so little cahoones or trust in his arm/read.

But McBeane needs to be here for atleast another 10 years both of them. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen played a TT type game against the Patriots and we lost.

He looked nothing like TT yesterday.    Absolutely nothing.   Defense did great, but Josh had a big part in winning the game.  If you disagree, either you didn't watch, or you didn't know what you were watching.

14 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Zay has zero trade value if Beane gets anything back we need to build a statue next to Ralphs this year ;)

OK, so what are the designs for the Beane statue? Material? Cost? Come on... it's HAPPENING!!!!!! LMAO

• Haha (+1) 1