NFL shows priorities with Apple Watch Fine

18 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Milano gets upended into QB .......and gets roughing.

L Jackson call ws the worst!

Refs are bad, water is still wet and the sun is bright.

I feel like it's even worse this year... and I can't just say that they're picking on the Bills because it's been horrible across the board. I don't know how you call that against Milano. He was off his feet literally at the line of scrimmage. The intentional grounding they called against Brady last week was ludicrous too (I know it helped us but still). Saw a Packers player just brush Dak Prescott's helmet and get called for RTP. It's just getting worse every year.

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I feel like it's even worse this year... and I can't just say that they're picking on the Bills because it's been horrible across the board. I don't know how you call that against Milano. He was off his feet literally at the line of scrimmage. The intentional grounding they called against Brady last week was ludicrous too (I know it helped us but still). Saw a Packers player just brush Dak Prescott's helmet and get called for RTP. It's just getting worse every year.

Every year people say that but really it's the same.

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

O was shocked they call grounding too.  It was a good call, you don't think so?? It absolutely was grounding.   but they called it on Brady!!! I'd never seen that done before.  (The refs missed 1 or 2 other grounding calls on him later in the game)

• Like (+1) 1

Was it just me or was yesterday an especially bad day for NFL rules and officiating?

I watched more football than usual yesterday, and every game I turned on just seemed to be a huge mess.

I'd see a penalty, watch the replay and it was a phantom or missed call.

Or......they go back to NYC to Riverboat Al and a call that looked totally obvious would stay. There was a call in the KC-INDY game on TY Hilton for setting a pick where he literally did nothing and when challenged by Reich it was upheld. I think Collinsworth was totally flabbergasted.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, peterpan said:

O was shocked they call grounding too.  It was a good call, you don't think so?? It absolutely was grounding.   but they called it on Brady!!! I'd never seen that done before.  (The refs missed 1 or 2 other grounding calls on him later in the game)

Yes, this is just my point. They missed one that should have been, and called one that absolutely should NOT have been called grounding. it hit the ground 3-4 yards in front of a receiver. That is not grounding. I'm not here to debate a penalty about another team's player, but it just shows the point I'm trying to make... that it's not just against the Bills, it's across the board.

25 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Couldn't the watch be used to text like a cell phone which is also illegal on the field

In theory yes if his phone is within bluetooth connection range (30-50ft) but that is very unlikely.  Either way, it is a smart device so I'm assuming they are using that as the reasoning and not that it is an Apple product.

29 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

In theory yes if his phone is within bluetooth connection range (30-50ft) but that is very unlikely.  Either way, it is a smart device so I'm assuming they are using that as the reasoning and not that it is an Apple product.

Watch has two models, one works without Bluetooth/phone connection. 

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'd be willing to bet Ben can't even find the calendar on the thing, let alone transmit top secret messages.

He said he didn't even know he was wearing it cause it was on his injured arm and his wife dresses him now

I don't know if the Apple watch can send messages but it can receive them so the worry would be that they use someone texting them messages from somewhere to relay info

41 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

This is the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised if most of their anger came from it not being a sponsors item.....

That was part of OBJs fine for wearing the watch on the field in week 1

What about the call in the INDY/KC game where the receiver clearly stepped ob and then came back in to catch the ball.  Yup, those guys miss a lot.  and, Frank Reich could have challenged but, for whatever reason, didn't.  The announcers were flabbergasted btw..........but didn't get pointy about the officials missing the call.  (Must be politically correct for them to support the NFL officials)