Redskins fire Jay Gruden

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

Good. Glad both coaches from the RGIII era have suffered the same fate RGIII was forced to face.

Hope the Skins get an actual good coach, versus the latest hype coach, to usher in the Dwayne Haskins era. 

Commuting to work will be h-ll today.   Pooping, moaning and car wrecks everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Conlan58 said:

Keep your paws off frazier and daboll washington!!

I do not see either being on “hot list” for HC jobs unless the Bills get really hot as the season goes on.  Of the two Frazier is the more likely to get interest given his unit is clearly stronger.  

Good. Glad both coaches from the RGIII era have suffered the same fate RGIII was forced to face.

Hope the Skins get an actual good coach, versus the latest hype coach, to usher in the Dwayne Haskins era. 

Are you implying that RG III was ruined by by Shanny and Gruden?  I would posit that RG III was primarily a .gimmick QB that couldn’t adjust once read option was figured out 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Conlan58 said:

Keep your paws off frazier and daboll washington!!

I think Frazier is more than happy here look at the defence him and Mc D built.

Daboll has a possible great young franchise QB here why would he want that Skins mess?

I hope not.  I had nothing against Washington until year we played them in Superbowl.

After Superbowl on government property my car was covered in red and yellow tempura paint.

My car was positioned so it was visible on security camera so I went to security office to file a report and ask if they could identify person who did it.

The head of security's response "Let boys be boys.  Go wash it off. That is what you get for having a Bills identified vehicle after being beat in Superbowl."

This person was wearing a Washington pin on his uniform and I never mentioned I was a Bills fan with nothing on me to identify as fan so he knew about it ahead of time and probably already saw video of it.

12 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Commuting to work will be h-ll today.   Pooping, moaning and car wrecks everywhere. 

Very glad off for bereavement leave.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I hope not.  I had nothing against Washington until year we played them in Superbowl.

After Superbowl on government property my car was covered in red and yellow tempura paint.

My car was positioned so it was visible on security camera so I went to security office to file a report and ask if they could identify person who did it.

The head of security's response "Let boys be boys.  Go wash it off. That is what you get for having a Bills identified vehicle after being beat in Superbowl."

This person was wearing a Washington pin on his uniform and I never mentioned I was a Bills fan with nothing on me to identify as fan so he knew about it ahead of time and probably already saw video of it.

Or it was him or a member of his security staff.  Stupid crap like that gets blamed on younger people as a matter of assumption but many times those "boys" turn out to be 42 years old, for instance.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Gruden had to have know what he was getting into when he signed. It's Snyder. Will Trent Williams become available?

Well, Gruden did last six plus seasons, which is about 4 more than he deserved.  Hard to criticize Snyder for impatience in this case.  The mystery is why he wasn’t fired in the off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Gruden is a slightly above average head coach, but it seems like it was probably time for them to move on. Certainly don't think he's the issue there, but it's one of those cases where it's easier to replace a coach than it is to replace the entire roster. Bruce Allen's time is coming too, and obviously Snyder won't fire himself.