Redskins fire Jay Gruden

YoloinOhio

I am hoping that the skins wallow in their stupidity for at least a couple more years. There is chance however small that Snyder accidentally hires the right guy, and we have to deal with it. I never want other teams to well, not remotely interested in their well-being getting better.

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Next in this totally unpredictable chain of events:  the interim coach will make Haskins the starter.

And the Skins will ruin yet another QB.

Doesn't matter who the coach is with Dan Snyder as the owner and Bruce Allen as the GM.

• Like (+1) 1

Bruce Allen and Snyder should fire themselves as well. They have both been terrible for a long time. Snyder is one of the biggest douche nozzles for an owner that any team could have. I remember a story some years ago, when the economy was in the crapper, about an individual who was a season ticket holder. They had gotten laid off from their job and couldn't afford to keep them. Apparently Snyder sued them for the money anyway, despite this person being already down on their luck, and they were ordered to pay around $10,000 or so I believe. 

Edit: Ok, the story was wrong about Snyder. It was worse than I originally posted. Got it misconstrued. Read the story for yourself in the link. The guy is a real POS. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Good. Glad both coaches from the RGIII era have suffered the same fate RGIII was forced to face.

Hope the Skins get an actual good coach, versus the latest hype coach, to usher in the Dwayne Haskins era. 

Are you still in RG3 sucks denial?

Redskins training camp is in Richmond.  A buddy of mine was out to dinner and Gruden and some other guys (unknown if other coaches) were crushing beer after beer at a local restaurant.  Now, I'm not saying these guys can't go out to dinner and drink a few beers, but I just to don't see McD or Bellichek hanging around local watering holes crushing beers during the middle of training camp.  That may be naive on my part, but seems pretty unprofessional.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Good. Glad both coaches from the RGIII era have suffered the same fate RGIII was forced to face.

Hope the Skins get an actual good coach, versus the latest hype coach, to usher in the Dwayne Haskins era. 

What actual good coach will want to go to Washington and work for Dan Snyder?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

When will Bruce Allen fire himself, he's awful. And Daniel Snyder should just sell up because he has no clue what he's doing.

Allen is Snyder's front man.  He knows little and simply serves to take a lot of the heat from the media and fans off of Snyder, who's entirely what this franchise is about.

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

What actual good coach will want to go to Washington and work for Dan Snyder?

Or even mediocre coach.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

4 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Are you implying that RG III was ruined by by Shanny and Gruden?  I would posit that RG III was primarily a .gimmick QB that couldn’t adjust once read option was figured out 

Year 1 and Year 2 RGIII isn't much different from Josh Allen currently, in terms of being an unfinished product with immense talent; I don't know of another story that had a heralded, rookie QB (Top 3 pick) entering the league to rejuvenate a fanbase/org. by taking its franchise to the playoffs the same season, only to find himself off of the team roster two seasons later without dreadful numbers that might support his dismissal. 

The Shanahans nor Gruden, were invested in the development of RGIII, certainly not the way McDermott and Daboll are with Josh Allen, and that much was obvious. 

Didn't think this needed its own thread, but Dan Snyder is reportedly targeting Mike Tomlin as the next Redskins HC.  Not sure how Tomlin would be lured away from Pittsburgh, though many Steeler fans wouldn't be unhappy seeing him leave.  Again, who in their right mind would want to coach for Dan Snyder?  Tomlin doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed, but he can't be this dumb.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mike-tomlin-linked-to-redskins-coaching-job/ar-AAIqevT?ocid=mailsignout

26 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Year 1 and Year 2 RGIII isn't much different from Josh Allen currently, in terms of being an unfinished product with immense talent; I don't know of another story that had a heralded, rookie QB (Top 3 pick) entering the league to rejuvenate a fanbase/org. by taking its franchise to the playoffs the same season, only to find himself off of the team roster two seasons later without dreadful numbers that might support his dismissal. 

The Shanahans nor Gruden, were invested in the development of RGIII, certainly not the way McDermott and Daboll are with Josh Allen, and that much was obvious. 

Fair enough.  I know Gruden was not a fan for sure.    But RG III has not re -established himself as  a starting QB at this point and looks like will be relegated as  a no 2 for the rest of his career.

Just watched Bruce Allen’s press conference. I felt like multiple times he seemed to be hinting that he felt Jay Gruden was pretty much the only problem. For example, his answer to a question around the 12min mark of the video (where he talks about how everyone is working their tails off - scouts, front office, all the coaches left now).

Curious if anyone else got the same impression. 

Brutal press conference though. 

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I think Frazier is more than happy here look at the defence him and Mc D built.

Daboll has a possible great young franchise QB here why would he want that Skins mess?

Perhaps it could be a case of credit and/or respect.  When I hear the national media talk about the Bills’ defense, they say things like “McDermott has them playing hard” “McDermott built a strong defense” with no mention of Frazier.