An old mans’ views on the team.

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Bojo is 28th in average, dead last in net at only 34.2 per punt(In last by 3.2 yards) and that's with having a really good game yesterday. The only time he gets a good punt off is when we're near midfield and he kicks it in the endzone. We desperately need a new punter. 

Agree hes *****...but we do punt from close to mid field a lot.  Offense seems to move the ball almost every possession which leaves him trying to kick inside the 20 a lot. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, vincec said:

I wonder if he just can't master the "aussie kick" he keeps trying. Maybe he should go back to the old days and try to kick it out of bounds instead.

I noticed the Titans punter kicked ob every time......were they afraid of our return guy?  Or is that just their scheme?

23 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Ferguson has been known to steal his best ideas. I did not realize that you were the first to offer this one up. My apologies to you and I take back the nice things I've said about @BringBackFergy

Is it the anniversary of your birth?

Don't make me resurrect the "Offensive Line by Committee" thread.  Chris Brown, Sal Carpoccio, and now @Chandler#81 are lauded with "originality" and "outside the box" thinking because they have more influence in these parts. But, as I have been taught as a youngster, respect your elders. Happy Birthday old feller!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Don't make me resurrect the "Offensive Line by Committee" thread.  Chris Brown, Sal Carpoccio, and now @Chandler#81 are lauded with "originality" and "outside the box" thinking because they have more influence in these parts. But, as I have been taught as a youngster, respect your elders. Happy Birthday old feller!!!

You are a Legend in these parts, BBF. All Hail the Legend!????

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Why can't he angle a punt out of bounds?

Another touchback punting from around the 50.

This guy is a weak link. 

I agree. Those 2 touchback punts drove me crazy. He did have a nice 50 avg day but he still frustrates me. Allen is right on schedule and progressing nicely. Love that we finally promoted Duke and sat Zay. Now time to rest up injuries. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I noticed the Titans punter kicked ob every time......were they afraid of our return guy?  Or is that just their scheme?

I’d be happy if we can get Borowhatshizname to boom his 50 yarders OOB!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. Those 2 touchback punts drove me crazy. He did have a nice 50 avg day but he still frustrates me. Allen is right on schedule and progressing nicely. Love that we finally promoted Duke and sat Zay. Now time to rest up injuries. 

Maybe ask Moorman to be an assistant special teams coach?  I do not think current coach has much experience with kicking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Mafia: Simply amazing! From Jersey to Nashvegas, I’ll put US against every team for Road support. Thanks to All who are making the journeys! The team hasn’t let you down either!

McDermott & Allen: Sean is just 1 game over .500 as HC at 19-18. Seems like it should be better but it speaks to still so much to do.

So what the hell is this supposed to mean?  McDermott should be better than 19-18?  Forget the fact that he took a team that people thought were tanking to the playoffs, and got the most out of a very poor team the next season.  I guess he should be 37-0?  This just reads to me as a laughable statement.

The thing with Allen is, yes he has made some incremental gains but I’m not so sure I would call him “our guy” yet.  At some point the excuses have to stop.  He cant put the Bills in bad situations as he has frequently over the past 5 weeks.   He also has to get the ball in the end zone, or he at least has to stop taking points off the board.  We haven’t really seen Josh play a complete game yet, so until that happens I think fans are still going to question whether he can minimize these mistakes that have crippled the Bills chances of scoring.  I’m not nitpicking but just being realistic.  The Bills have dominated most teams in yardage on offense, but have been winning by narrow margins.  This is mostly due to QB play. 

The Bills have won 3 out of 4 games largely due to the strength of the defense, as the offense struggles to score over 20 points.  How long is that sustainable for?  

I will say that I agree with just about everything else.  Overall not a bad read.  How old is this dude anyway?  

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I love where this team is headed, from the front office, to the coaching, to our QB, etc.  There is so much room for growth from all those perspectives, yet, there they are: a 4-1 team going into the bye - a good team - a playoff caliber team - one that I believe they will only continue to get better.

Enjoying my coffee this morning with a big smile on my face.

Good post and Happy Birthday @Chandler#81 from another old man!

Happy Birthday @Chandler#81

Celebrate good times....come on!

???????????

• Like (+1) 1

Happy birthday yung un... very nice analysis. Not having any glaring weaknesses is the key so far. 

methinks Bojo stinks. He’s slow to get kicks off. He’s erratic as hell. Not good inside 20 or 10 or angling. It’s not always fair to compare but outside of one, the Titan punter put them right where he wanted them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

Yuuup. Happy Birthday, and its good to see your mind is not getting old. ?

One area I would disagree with is Bojo. He's taken a lot of grief here, and after the preseason he had, I understand why. But, the blocked punt was not on him, and beyond that, he's done pretty well. As a matter of fact, I thought he had his best game of the season yesterday. He's coming along, and (channeling my inner Doug Marrone), obviously, if the Bills thought there was a better option out there, they would have signed him when they were looking in week one, obviously.

Anyhow, your point is well-taken, "we're good!" Let's enjoy the ride. If the Offense can get any where near the Defense, we'll be really good!

bojo did punt well generally yesterday. he needs to stop the touchbacks .

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Bojo did have his best game yesterday but overall he has still been below par. He simply doesn't kick it high enough and it hurts our coverage teams. 

Does anyone else besides me think that on that on punt from around mid field where we had a delay of game penalty that it was on purpose?   So we could move back and Bojo wouldn't clobber it out of the back of the end zone?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Does anyone else besides me think that on that on punt from around mid field where we had a delay of game penalty that it was on purpose?   So we could move back and Bojo wouldn't clobber it out of the back of the end zone?

no doubt

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Wait a minute .  I thought I’m the old man around here.  Have a great b-day and I agree with everything in your OP

There are a bunch of us old guys around here, guys who've been following the Bills for decades.  I reached half a century of Bills fandom this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 3