An old mans’ views on the team.

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Why can't he angle a punt out of bounds?

Another touchback punting from around the 50.

This guy is a weak link. 

I agree.  He has a big leg but little finesse.  He doesn't consistently control the ball to do what he wants.  No coffin corner kicks, few balls downed inside the 10.  All he seems to be able to do is kick it hard or not so hard.  A lot of the punters in the league are better. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree.  He has a big leg but little finesse.  He doesn't consistently control the ball to do what he wants.  No coffin corner kicks, few balls downed inside the 10.  All he seems to be able to do is kick it hard or not so hard.  A lot of the punters in the league are better. 

Hopefully there will be some tryouts this week at OBD.

22 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

This guy is a weak link. 

He did that twice yesterday.  Sail into the end zone.  People here think kick ball far = good.  He’s terrible 

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

He did that twice yesterday.  Sail into the end zone.  People here think kick ball far = good.  He’s terrible 

Yup he has out kicked his coverage a few times this year.

Where is our great 8? get some HGH and bring Moorman back ;)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

RBs: We have Frank Gore.

Singletary & Yeldon are nice pieces. It seems we’re lacking something from this group, but we regularly go Empty, so maybe I’m wrong. This isn’t my old offense. (Not my Dads offense, just my old offenses).

OL: Athletic with a mean streak. We haven’t seen enough of them playing the same positions to accurately assess their net value, but the plug & play frenzy is working despite the nonformulaic pretense. Rookies & savvy vets, Guards are Tackles, Tackles are Centers. Dogs sleeping with cats. I don’t recall any team knowingly implementing such a philosophy, let alone pulling it off. It’s amazing, really. Injuries are starting to mount and seems likely to be a season long challenge. So nonformulaic it is.

Nice post rookie!

RB...if only we had another, third option at RB.  Can't ask for more than Gore has delivered, but with Singletary's unavailability the hole in the backfield is glaring.  Yeldon has done some nice things on the receiving end, but he isn't an option running the ball.

OL...please give credit where due.  Someone here, at this very site, championed this nonformulaic approach prior to the season and that poster was roundly criticized for his outside the box thinking.  You, as a moderator type person, and a person of age and wisdom can help rectify this injustice by reminding everyone who said poster was.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

IF it is his birthday (or was) lets all pitch a few pennies for this ....  

Mrs Chandelier will love it 

HTB1xBJ4SXXXXXcNXFXXq6xXFXXX9_1024x1024_

Now that’s a man cave ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

OL...please give credit where due.  Someone here, at this very site, championed this nonformulaic approach prior to the season and that poster was roundly criticized for his outside the box thinking.  You, as a moderator type person, and a person of age and wisdom can help rectify this injustice by reminding everyone who said poster was.

Buffalo Barbarian? He is lead in unconventional thinking.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Bojo did have his best game yesterday but overall he has still been below par. He simply doesn't kick it high enough and it hurts our coverage teams. 

I am also surprised that he does not seem to aim for the sidelines.

Going out of bounds at the 10 yard line would be just as good.

35 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

This guy is a weak link. 

Yes, he needs to get better but he had four punts downed inside the 20 yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Nice post rookie!

RB...if only we had another, third option at RB.  Can't ask for more than Gore has delivered, but with Singletary's unavailability the hole in the backfield is glaring.  Yeldon has done some nice things on the receiving end, but he isn't an option running the ball.

Well, young Mr. Fergy is adamant it’s his baby, but a search through this old mans’ posting history will come up with virtually the same soon after the FA flurry and prior to the Draft. Vaguely recall you echoing the sentiments, but my memory may be fading..?

I did omit LoAl, sort of. He’s certainly a great contributor as are all the LBs & DBs. It’s clearly the McDermott Staple on this team.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, young Mr. Fergy is adamant it’s his baby, but a search through this old mans’ posting history will come up with virtually the same soon after the FA flurry and prior to the Draft. Vaguely recall you echoing the sentiments, but my memory may be fading..?

Ferguson has been known to steal his best ideas. I did not realize that you were the first to offer this one up. My apologies to you and I take back the nice things I've said about @BringBackFergy

Is it the anniversary of your birth?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Ferguson has been known to steal his best ideas. I did not realize that you were the first to offer this one up. My apologies to you and I take back the nice things I've said about @BringBackFergy

Is it the anniversary of your birth?

Yes. ?Will you still Need me? Will you still Feed me? When I’m -well, today!

• Haha (+1) 2