NFL get rid of instant replay

With offcials apparently unable to see what the rest of us see i think its time to get rid of instant replay. I have been in favor of it but since its return officials have been hesitant to make the calls and so have become worse at making the proper call because they are waiting for the camera to do their job.

Get the refs properly trained and not over anxious to throw flags and let the games be played by people and called by people.

Or maybe we should get rid of the refs and let drones do it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Phantom PI calls in the chiefs game as well

That game was really ridiculous.  Michaels and Collinsworth even were commenting “of course there’s another penalty flag”.  In every game I watched Sunday, the former ref analysts pointed out penalties that they wouldn’t have called.

It’s a shame what Goodell and friends have done to the game.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We all complain about bad calls during Bills games and for the most part we are right, but if we are being Honest our opponents get just as many dubious calls. 

However what made me start this thread was watching other games specifically the Greenbay and the Vikings games. There were obvious pass interference calls that weren't called then others that should have been called, terrible holding calls that have to be over analyzed just see if maybe it was a call and then what made me post this was a roughing the passer against the packers where the guy touched the side of Daks helmet.

The state of officiating in the game is just terrible and there need to be a concerted effort by the league and the officials to keep them uninvolved in the outcome of the game and to call just the obvious penalties not ticky tack BS that stops big plays or give teams undeserved scoring drives. I also think if a penalty has absolutely no bearing on the play then it shouldn't be called , like a PI away from the catch and holding that occurs well after the runner has gone by.

Refs need to be professionals who dont have other jobs so they can focus on their duties in football and to have the least effect on the game as possible.

The NFL rules state that you can not touch a QB unless he is wearing the #17.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

NFL is ok with the lousy officiating as long as we keep watching games- I use to watch all day Sunday and now I watch Bills and no other. The officials I truly believe are selected as much based on their willingness to be excoriated as call a proper game. One example yesterday was a D holding call at line of scrimmage on running back- it was not even close to being technically right. Lastly due to amount of rules they need to segment out what officials are looking at- they should never miss obvious facemasks because they are looking for a hold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Phantom PI calls in the chiefs game as well

The NFL setting up their new "golden boy" like:

"Have you met my new Mahomey?,"

Image result for allstate mahomes mahomie meme

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

E

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dont what?

Our opponents don’t get as many dubious calls

Sure, they get bad calls and some games we are on the right side of the calls.  Don’t act like it’s even.  It’s not.

do you think Brady’s opponents get equal dubious calls?

That's the rule. You touch the QB's helmet and it's a foul. Doesn't have to be a bad hit. Doesn't have to be on purpose.

Refs miss it sometimes, but it should be called every time.