Josh Allen is 8 - 1 (when having one or fewer turnovers)

rayray808

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, I feel like this has been the story-line so far this year: Josh Allen keeping the other team in games.

He also is the reason we win a lot of games - 4 fourth quarter comeback and 5 game winning drives 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

He also is the reason we win a lot of games - 4 fourth quarter comeback and 5 game winning drives 

Would you give Superman credit for saving Lois Lane tied to the train tracks before the train ran her over, if Superman was who tied Lois Lane to the train tracks in the first place?

That's the point he's getting at.  Allen's poor decisions and timely turnovers have kept teams in games where we wouldn't have needed to have a 4th quarter comeback

Edited by Laughing Coffin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

That is an amazing stat... if you were Daboll/McD, how do you shift our offense/playcalling for the rest of the season to keep his winners mentality and "gun slinging" attitude in the realm of getting us a W vs losses?

make proper reads and dont chuck it when running for your life.

McDermott needs to tell Dabol to run it more so the offense is better and balanced and Josh doesnt have to do everything.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

make proper reads and dont chuck it when running for your life.

McDermott needs to tell Dabol to run it more so the offense is better and balanced and Josh doesnt have to do everything.

I really feel this may be key.  And I feel we may be 1 RB short of the skill set to do this. But Daboll is a clever guy and able  use what he's got.  He's also able to state his case if he needs more help in the RB room.  He could bang on the table and get Beane to make a move if he wanted to go there.

I may get tarred-and-feathered for saying this, but I'd like to compare and contrast with Baltimore, another team being led by a young QB with evolving field-vision and even mechanical skills in Lamar Jackson.  Baltimore has the #1 rushing offense in the NFL at this point, and that's a big part of them being #1 in PF on offense, instead of #1 for TO because LJax is certainly not immune to the bonehead pick.

Josh Allen needs to understand that it's not all on his shoulders, and having more of a run game to count on would surely help.

5 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Would you give Superman credit for saving Lois Lane tied to the train tracks before the train ran her over, if Superman was who tied Lois Lane to the train tracks in the first place?

That's the point he's getting at.  Allen's poor decisions and timely turnovers have kept teams in games where we wouldn't have needed to have a 4th quarter comeback

Exactly.  Not to beat a dead horse and I don't want to start a new thread, but here are some all-22 screen shots of Allen's INTs in the Pats game just to see what they are.

#1.  Deep pass intended for J. Brown.  Allen.  Josh Allen.  Yo, Allen.  Knox, at the top of the screen on the 30, could not be more wide open if he were a window.  The last time I saw something that wide open, a red-tailed hawk flew through it after a sparrow.  Now he is near the LOS, and you got 20 yds to make.  But there's also no defender within 5 yds, and that man has a proven ability to tuck-and-truck.  Chances are you get 10 of them back.  And if you don't get the other 10 on the next 2 plays, at least you get to punt instead of handing Tom Brady great field position on a platter. 

Result of INT: TD.  Then we have the TD off the blocked punt, NE is up 13 after the 1Q, and Allen's perceived need to press is amplified.

image.thumb.png.ea3e7915b9d058372a40e828b61bd34d.png

#2 Deep pass intended for Zay Jones.

The defender covering (Beasley, pretty sure) has literally slipped and fallen (45 yd line).  Throwing to Beasley could not be safer if ....well, never mind what analogy I was going to make, I'd have to warn myself.  Let's just say Allen has plenty of time to set his feet, and you just don't see a WR that open in the NFL that often.  Given how far off the defenders are, Beasley almost certainly moves the chains.

image.thumb.png.656ff2fb1ee12e5f92450f6eff1a929b.png

#3.  Sideline pass to Zay after a scramble.  This play is likely why Duke got his ticket punched this week, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise if Duke keeps playing like he did yesterday.  I got to say I put a lot of the fault for that INT on Zay.  He plain and simple let the DB outplay him on the ball.  He had the chance to adjust on the ball, and once that ship sailed he had a chance to punk the DB and defend the INT and he took neither.  Good grief.    Yes, it's a ball that shouldn't be thrown, but it's also the kind of ball that Jim Kelly took chances on routinely, trusting that Lofton or Reed or even Beebe would ensure either they caught it or no one did.

image.png.a34efc3bb0ca3765fd00832ba5bfe70d.png

It may look as though Allen has a throw to Knox here, but I believe this is one he should throw away.  He would have to throw it  through two defenders, with another in hot pursuit, no chance to set.  Knox has separation, but also a defender in hot pursuit.  If the throw is off-target in front of Knox, NP but if behind him or deflected....

image.thumb.png.706a895e1cb075c634ccd89004438c51.png

image.thumb.png.109a9c832e56e52da7fb014316fad25e.png

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That will work against the bad and decent teams......against the elite teams I think we are gonna have to score points

Well, to state the obvious, we have to score points against all teams, right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I don't change a thing.

This is the 2019 NFL offense.    Pass to set up the run, take advantage of mismatches and try to minimize turnovers.   

If Josh fixes that last issue and they get one more good off-season to fill a few more holes, watch out...

• Like (+1) 1

We need to run a bit more, use Mckenzie more. Singletary comes back and he should be a huge part of this offense. 

Gore has been incredible so far. Our run blocking this year is 10x better than it was the last 2 years. 

6 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Even if it is self inflicted,  that does not take away the amazing feat of saving Lois from the train at the last second. no less skill is required regardless of why she is tied to the tracks. Same goes for Allen. yes stop throwing ints but that does not take away from the skill and playmaking required to score in comeback mode.

Edited by dickleyjones

I was looking for a place to drop this.  

It mentions the OP and other related topics. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/josh-allen-throws-2-td-passes-as-bills-smother-titans-14-7/2019/10/06/7f08d7e2-e876-11e9-a329-7378fbfa1b63_story.html

I know there’s a stat as a quarterback I’m 8-1 with one or less turnovers,” the second-year Buffalo quarterback said. “So understanding that, playing complementary football is what we need to do and continue to improve on that.”

The Bills (4-1) have won three consecutive games away from Buffalo for the first time since 2004, though so many Buffalo fans traveled here it felt much more like a home game.

It’s also the first time they’ve started a season perfect through three road games since 1993

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

14 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Heck yeah. She probably deserved it.