Anyone know a good Bills bar in Krakow?

My 93 year-old dad and I leave next Sunday for Poland.  Wish I could say we planned it around the bye week - it just worked out that way.  

We were supposed to go in June, then in May I took a bad fall, concussed myself, suffered a small brain hemorrhage, and fractured a vertebrae in my back.  Also had to have a 6th chemoembolization procedure on my liver at Roswell last week.  Anyway, my neuro team gave me a spinal epidural so I can be a tourist for 2 weeks, and I’ll have a spinal fusion when we get back.  So we’re good to go!

Will be in Krakow for the Bills-Dolphins game.  Don’t know if there’s any place that gets the NFL Network, or if I’ll be able to stream the game there.  Any suggestions?

GO BILLS...SQUISH THE FISH!!!! ????

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

My 93 year-old dad and I leave next Sunday for Poland.  Wish I could say we planned it around the bye week - it just worked out that way.  

We were supposed to go in June, then in May I took a bad fall, concussed myself, suffered a small brain hemorrhage, and fractured a vertebrae in my back.  Also had to have a 6th chemoembolization procedure on my liver at Roswell last week.  Anyway, my neuro team gave me a spinal epidural so I can be a tourist for 2 weeks, and I’ll have a spinal fusion when we get back.  So we’re good to go!

Will be in Krakow for the Bills-Dolphins game.  Don’t know if there’s any place that gets the NFL Network, or if I’ll be able to stream the game there.  Any suggestions?

Yikes!

Glad to know you are alright.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Glad you are doing better!

Check out this list of Bills Backers (on the Bills site).  

We are currently in Italy. I contacted the head of the Bills Backers in Italy to find out the scoop (one whole bar - in Venice - where we will be next week - while they are on bye). Since he was so helpful, I would guess the Bills Backer head in Poland would be too if you send an email.

If not... we have been watching the game on NFL GameDay Europe. It has cost 20 euro per week, and we can cancel at any time. (The way the NFL wants to expand in Europe, you'd think it would be  whole lot cheaper. <_< )

I hope you have a great trip!

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

prayers to your health and you should be able to find the game over there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Senator said:

Glad to hear you're well and able to travel! Hope you and your dad have a fantastic time and hope you find a place to watch us squish the fish!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Have some kielbasa and ***** for me! I hope your health improves and enjoy the time with your dad.  As to the point of the thread, I have no idea if there is a Bills bar in Krakow but if there is I will not be shocked.

Holy cow I did not realize until I just pulled this up that the word filter blanked out my abbreviation for sauerkraut.  Yes, it can be a pejorative word for people of German descent (I happen to be 1/2 so) but it can also be used as a bit of slang for the food.  Oh well.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Holy cow I did not realize until I just pulled this up that the word filter blanked out my abbreviation for sauerkraut.  Yes, it can be a pejorative word for people of German descent (I happen to be 1/2 so) but it can also be used as a bit of slang for the food.  Oh well.... 

Kapusta is how the folk say it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

What a tough run of luck, Senator! Is your Dad a WWII Vet? How’s his health? Sounds like a lifetime highlight!

Take good care of yourself and your Dad! ENJOY!

Dad is not a Vet - he was born in Dobry, near Rzeszow, joined the Polish Resistance at the age of 13 to evade the Nazis, lived his youth on the lam until captured, survived in a forced-labor camp until the liberation, then served in the Allied Occupation Forces guarding Nazi war prisoners.

His health is pretty good for a guy his age - he’s one tough dude.  Had to be.  If he was weak, the Nazis would have just killed him instead pf putting him to work.

So we go back for him to visit perhaps a final time, and find his grandparents farm where he lived until that awful September of 1939.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE GOOD WISHES!!!

NA ZDROWIE!!!! ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 hours ago, The Senator said:

I admire your commitment to you dad, Poland and the Bills. Related:  I think it’s probably rare for the 93 year old to be telling his posse:  “We were going to go in June, but my kid fell off his board trying to land a layback grind.”.  

Best of luck on your health, and have a great trip!

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, The Senator said:

Holy guacamole that is a lot of stuff to have happen...hope everything works out. I have no idea about anything in Poland but I'm sure you'll b3 able to find something...