A Few Thoughts about the Titans Game, in no particular order

Virgil

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was anything mentioned about what happened with Allen's right thumb?  The announcers thought he hurt it, I thought he may have got a cut on it?

I thought it was a finger. He hurt it on a pass play. There were more than two times later in the game he was pulling on it. It bothered him awhile but didn't seem to bother any throws. 

Milano wasn't blocked into the QB. His momentum carried him into legs of Mariota. It was the correct call.

The refs are awful all over the league. Too many calls and too many missed calls. Can't blame them for all the presnap penalties.  

The solution: make all calls reviewable by challenge. The game is too fast for the refs. They do an amazing job with many of the calls but there are just too many close spots and close calls.  And I would add there are too many ticky tack calls. They need to let guys play and really try to determine if the action affects the outcome of the play or not. And as I said before make helmet to helmet a targetting foul subject to ejection.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Milano wasn't blocked into the QB. His momentum carried him into legs of Mariota. It was the correct call.

The refs are awful all over the league. Too many calls and too many missed calls. Can't blame them for all the presnap penalties.  

The solution: make all calls reviewable by challenge. The game is too fast for the refs. They do an amazing job with many of the calls but there are just too many close spots and close calls.  And I would add there are too many ticky tack calls. They need to let guys play and really try to determine if the action affects the outcome of the play or not. And as I said before make helmet to helmet a targetting foul subject to ejection.

The momentum was the direct result of the block causing the flip. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Whitey13 said:

@Virgil this is the video. You'll see Yeldon start and stop his route twice and the second one is when the interception happened 

That was awful. Yeldon is just not dependable in any way. I can't wait for a healthy Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Nope. That's not how it works. The blocker did not push Milano into the QB.

If that was Allen's knee buckling the way Mariota's did you would see it more clearly

But he was the direct cause. Without being cut and flipped he does not touch the Qb. The second sentence is flat wrong. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

Punter=Liability. I have to disagree, Virgil. Dude is either short or can’t pin anyone deep, currently.

3rd quarter=Liability. I could not agree more, Virgil.

31 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Mafia is no joke.   

No, we are not.

*This message brought to you by the Responsible Mafia Contingent That Doesn’t Concuss Themselves.*

• Like (+1) 1

Just to add....we are four and one and going into our bye....just in time to lick some wounds on some much needed players

Namely Devin Singletary.....who we need.  What is getting lost in Gore's fine play is that he really is not a 25 carry back any more...you platoon him with a dynamic player like Devin and you see a fresher Gore and less designed Josh Allen plays....which at this point I would like to see much less of

49 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Daboll calling the qb sneak on 4th and 2 was the dumbest play call I’ve seen all season. Daboll has been ok with his game calling but I really hope he gets better as the season goes on. 

Rocbillsfan1, my good fellow, you are spot on per usual! YE OLE loves the fact that they are attempting to incorporate the concept of quick snapping the QB sneak, as we’ve seen the Patriots* run successfully ad nauseam. However, the execution has been far from crisp.

Especially in that situation, it would’ve been nice to see them split everyone out wide and then quick snap and let Josh fall into the inevitable gaps left in the defensive front. Now YE OLE is a real armchair OC here, so take it with a grain of salt, but there could also be a variation where Josh could split everyone wide and step back into shotgun. He could then step under center and quick snap/plunge forward for several yards when the defense is really spread out and off balance. You could even start camouflaging it like Josh is coming up to communicate a protection/alignment or whatever and have some sort of check to quick snap and dive forward whenever presented with a gap between the C/G or wherever. 

13 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

accurate.jpg

Obviously being facetious but you do watch him punt right? I would guess he's almost dead last in every category. I can almost guarantee he is dead last in the league in net as well as TBs. I would also guess my choice of punter, who I banged the table for, is probably the best punter in the league as I have always said. Anger!!!!

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

Obviously being facetious but you do watch him punt right? I would guess he's almost dead last in every category. I can almost guarantee he is dead last in the league in net as well as TBs. I would also guess my choice of punter who I banged the table for is probably the best punter in the league like I have always said. Anger!!!!

We certainly need better from the punter, consistency wise, but who else out there can replace him and be an upgrade. The Bills gave hon some competition this summer, and he won the job. 

I'm not necessarily saying there isn't someone better, I'm seriously curiois. But if there is someone, I think the Bills would have brought him in by now.

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You all realize he averaged over 50 yards per punt right?

He also dropped two inside the 15.  

I’ve been a critic as much as the next guy, but he was solid today 

People really seem to be having trouble grading punters right now Bojangels isn't great but I'd say he's definitely average and possibly good. Punters that repeatedly drop them near the goal line/ inside the 20 on a consistent basis are great. Punters that avoid ***** up and don't give away great field position with occasional punts inside the 20 are okay to good.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

We certainly need better from the punter, consistency wise, but who else out there can replace him and be an upgrade. The Bills gave hon some competition this summer, and he won the job. 

I'm not necessarily saying there isn't someone better, I'm seriously curiois. But if there is someone, I think the Bills would have brought him in by now.

Had a chance at Anger, now he's back to being the best punter in the league.