THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Titans Meet the New Bills

Shaw66

Great write up as always Shaw. 

This defense is tremendous. They continue to dictate to the opposition what they can and can’t do. Bulk yards on 2 plays, that didn’t amount to anything. I agree with your confidence in the team. It’s foreign to me, and it doesn’t feel right, but it does feel good. 

I have concerns about the offense in the 3rd quarter. I’m not sure what happens during half time, but week after week the offense comes out flat, and seemingly let’s the opposing team a chance to take control of the game. 

But have no fear; The Defense is Here! I love this defense. I can’t stop saying it. 

Thanks again Shaw!

• Like (+1) 1

Great post.  I'm starting to come around to what McD has been preaching.  And yes, it applies to him and the coaching staff.  Better game management, aggressive coaching and playing to win, not just protect a lead.  Good stuff.

This was a game the Bills had to win since it will undoubtedly factor into late season playoff scenarios and seeds.  The Bills took care of business.

We needed this early bye to heal up.  I hope the team can get and stay healthy during the longer post bye.

Yes, this is a different team than years past.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

5.  Josh Allen said it was his best game as a pro, and it was.  He didn’t make spectacular plays, but he consistently made the right plays.   He found the right receiver most of the time and delivered catchable balls.   He threw the ball away when he needed to, except once.  He ran effectively.   He slid.   He has to keep learning, keep growing. 

I feel like you could see it in his eyes that it killed him to slide so much.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Thanks for the writeup. Nice job! Appreciate that you didn't overly focus on the interception as some choose to do.

Funny, I responded to you in Virgil's thread.  I agree.   Obviously, you don't want him to throw that pick, but the Bills won, all QBs throw picks, and that's how they learn.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Thanks for the writeup. Nice job! Appreciate that you didn't overly focus on the interception as some choose to do.

I'm not always passive aggressive, but when I am....

• Haha (+1) 2

Excellent as always Shaw, thanks.

Go Bills!!!

36 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

8.  Road wins.   Take care of business at home, and pile up some road wins.  That’s always been the formula.  Bills now have three road wins.  Yes, two were the Jets and Giants, but there’s no arguing the Titans were pushovers.  The Titans have been solid on offense and very tough on defense.  It didn’t matter to the Bills – they controlled the ball, controlled the clock and scored when they needed it. Good teams win on the road, and every week that goes by it becomes easier to see that the Bills, finally, are a good team.

To be fair the Jets were a much more solid team pre Bills than they have been post Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm not always passive aggressive, but when I am....

We're running parallel conversations in two threads!   

There are different kinds of INTs.  Bad bounces, 50-50 balls, great defensive plays.  And bad decisions.   Today clearly was a bad decision.   I mean, he has to see that he can't put the ball in there.  

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

We're running parallel conversations in two threads!   

There are different kinds of INTs.  Bad bounces, 50-50 balls, great defensive plays.  And bad decisions.   Today clearly was a bad decision.   I mean, he has to see that he can't put the ball in there.  

I have a string of people trying to blame Yeldon for it. I can't say that for certain watching it again, but I see what they are trying to say.  

I will keep bring up those INT's until he has a few games where he doesn't make them.  I 100% agree with you that this particular type of interception is his main issue.  If that ball was contested at all, then I'd be okay. 

Either way, some people can't handle anything negative said about their boy.  I was in the church of Tyrod, so I get it.

Edited by Virgil

I was a mess the whole damn game, Shaw. 

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I have a string of people trying to blame Yeldon for it. I can't say that for certain watching it again, but I see what they are trying to say.  

I will keep bring up those INT's until he has a few games where he doesn't make them.  I 100% agree with you that this particular type of interception is his main issue.  If that ball was contested at all, then I'd be okay. 

Either way, some people can't handle anything negative said about their boy.  I was in the church of Tyrod, so I get it.

It wasn’t a good decision. Yeldon also shouldn’t have stopped and I think some blame lies there. 

They don’t have to be mutually exclusive. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3