Duke WIlliams in relation to Kelvin Benjamin

I'll admit that I was scratching my head at all the Duke hoopla on 2BD.  But I was wrong.  Not only did he have a nice game today but you can see the advantage of his big body out there.  Smurfs are fine but sometimes you need a Godzilla!

I've got a hunch that before the end of the season Duke will be one of the best story's of the season.  I think Dabold is going to love his new toy!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Got to thinking about this after the game

There were a lot of for's and against on Duke Williams prior to his game today (and yes its one game...just throwing that out there)

I wonder just how much of the "against" came from fears of the experiment with Kelvin.......they are both big physical guys....they are both not burners

To me this just goes to show you how you really cannot stereo type players

I think back to all the times Kelvin had a ball right there to make a play.....and how many times he just didnt make it....I feel like if you gave Duke those same opportunities he WOULD make most of them because he simply catches the ball

Thoughts?

honestly never thought of them together. Duke wants to play and Calvina didn't.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'll admit that I was scratching my head at all the Duke hoopla on 2BD.  But I was wrong.  Not only did he have a nice game today but you can see the advantage of his big body out there.  Smurfs are fine but sometimes you need a Godzilla!

I've got a hunch that before the end of the season Duke will be one of the best story's of the season.  I think Dabold is going to love his new toy!

Definitely need some bigger WRs out there. I like the variety though and hope we great WRs in all sizes.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I couldn’t care less about a guy like KB that decided not to be a football player any longer in evaluating a new guy.

I think the bigger hang up is that the kid was a UDFA that washed out of the league, went to the CFL, had limited interest, cleared waivers to the practice squad etc... for a reason 

duke has a ton to prove and speed will be a major challenge as a week in and week out player. All you can do is root for him and hope he’s the exception.

If the Bills were able to make plays downfield in the passing game they wouldn't have needed Duke.

Elevating him to the 53 man roster is like a concession that they are just going to have to throw short passes against tight coverage and therefore need a big guy with good hands.

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If the Bills were able to make plays downfield in the passing game they wouldn't have needed Duke.

Elevating him to the 53 man roster is like a concession that they are just going to have to throw short passes against tight coverage and therefore need a big guy with good hands.

Hopefully Foster can get healthy and make a difference.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Is Benjamin even still in the league? When we traded for him I thought “good to have a veteran mentor,” and someone told me he was 26 at the time. I was confused as to how he seemed to run so slow and yet be so young.

He is unemployed at this point.  Amazing considering his hype

It is too early to tell anything about Duke Williams other than the promise he shows.  He clearly had a great separation on  the TD.  

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

Is Benjamin even still in the league? When we traded for him I thought “good to have a veteran mentor,” and someone told me he was 26 at the time. I was confused as to how he seemed to run so slow and yet be so young.

He was invited to a workout by the Giants but he did not attend

Good first outing for Duke. Let’s see him catch a ball more than 10 yards downfield next. There was scramble drill play I noticed where he was running a post and was well covered, Allen rolls right to buy time and Duke stops but doesn’t comes back to him, otherwise he’s sitting on a 30 yard gain in the middle of the field all by himself. He didn’t come back. For a 27 year old he is still raw. He has the desire and hands to be decent. I would still 100% go get another top wr at the deadline. We can compete for the division with one. Duke is a piece of the puzzle but not a guy that is going to vastly improve our offense.