Offensive line substitution question

The Dean

I haven't found this being discussed. It isn't important and I don't expect this thread to me more than a few posts, if that many. But when Morse went out, I could have sworn Bates came in at center, then moved over after Ford was injured. Anyone else notice that? Every article I've read says Feliciano played center after Morse exited the game.

So, did the Bills use three different centers today?

• Like (+1) 1

Also wanting to know...

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, Whitey13 said:

Without looking at the snap counts everything I saw when Morse was out was Feliciano at Center and Long at Guard. I'm almost positive Bates was only there playing Tackle

The reason I ask is, I looked at the replay 1 or 2 plays after Morse went out. I could swear 71 was at center. I had to go double check who 71 was on the roster. So i think Bates played a few plays at Center. Looking for someone who actually saw that or has the complete game data (do they even list positions?)

51 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The reason I ask is, I looked at the replay 1 or 2 plays after Morse went out. I could swear 71 was at center. I had to go double check who 71 was on the roster. So i think Bates played a few plays at Center. Looking for someone who actually saw that or has the complete game data (do they even list positions?)

No. Josh was just behind the wrong guy.....

54 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Looks like Morse got hurt with about 8 minutes left in the 2nd, and looks like Long came in and Feliciano moved over to center. Ford got hurt with 453 left in the third and that's the first time I saw Bates.

BTW I think both Long and Bates played pretty well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Looks like Morse got hurt with about 8 minutes left in the 2nd, and looks like Long came in and Feliciano moved over to center. Ford got hurt with 453 left in the third and that's the first time I saw Bates.

BTW I think both Long and Bates played pretty well. 

I think the way the OL subs played was one of the big highlights of the game, at least for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1