Mariotta = Tyrod

Roch Jim

Mariotta is the exact reason I'm still a little hesitant to go all in and say Allen as our franchise. The titans thought they had their guy no question he just had to clean some things up and develop. And they absolutely love him in Nashville, class act and hard worker. But he seems like the tyrod curse, just good enough but nothing more. And in my opinion that's worse than a flat out bust with your #1 pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

TT took this organization to its 1st playoff experience in over 17 years, to this day I dont understand the hate of someone that was part of that.  Its Bill's fans hatred at best, again to the guy that helped us to the playoffs 

Watch the playoff game and you’ll find the answer 

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't understand the fixation, but to each their own. It seems a bit....weird. Tyrod was a QB who's play regressed as his speed slipped and teams figured out how to gameplan against him. Definitely not a guy you want starting long term. Other than that, he was a decent bridge QB for the Bills and was at least competent. For different reasons, Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a long term starter, yet the sentiment seems to be the polar opposite. Again. Seems odd, but I'll leave it at that.

The Bills are 4-1 with their only defeat a 6 point loss against the Pats in which they had a chance to win. That's where my focus is.

Doesn't help when you replace speed with bigger, slower WRs who does not fit what the QB does well which was the long ball. Team was not built to QB's strengths as he was never going to be the long term answer.

10 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Mariotta is the exact reason I'm still a little hesitant to go all in and say Allen as our franchise. The titans thought they had their guy no question he just had to clean some things up and develop. And they absolutely love him in Nashville, class act and hard worker. But he seems like the tyrod curse, just good enough but nothing more. And in my opinion that's worse than a flat out bust with your #1 pick.

They've invested in receivers.. in the line... running backs.. etc. Not to say that they have all been hits - but that offense is consistently stuck in the mud.  Someone has to go in and embrace what he does well or he's doomed to fail.  

15 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yep. Schopp and the Bulldog brought this up in the WGR postgame show, and I agree with them.

Since you brought them up, are they still negative or are the wins forcing them to say nicer things about the team?  Usually there's a thread here about them being terrible, but didn't read anything.

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Since you brought them up, are they still negative or are the wins forcing them to say nicer things about the team?  Usually there's a thread here about them being terrible, but didn't read anything.

still negative.  After the win over the Bengals, they absolutely  tore into a caller for saying something like “the Bills and the Bengals are clearly on different levels right now”.  It was bizarre.

19 hours ago, rayray808 said:

the way some people on here complain about Josh Allen I bet they would rather have Mariota as our QB

No thanks. Mariota is basically the worst case scenario. At this point in their respective careers, they were roughly equal. 

Allen has a much higher ceiling, but a lower floor. Mariota hasn't progressed much at all(if any). 

If Allen doesn't improve, he'll basically be Mariota. There's a chance Allen will improve, and we've already seen that Mariota will not. Would make no sense to prefer the guy who's proven he won't get better.

Edited by LSHMEAB