Mariotta = Tyrod

Roch Jim

Watching this game today gave me such a sense of déjà vu. Marietta is Tyrod 2.0. I liked Tyrod, really appreciated that he was a gamer. They're both mobile, capable of avoiding sacks and running. They are both careful, maybe painfully so, to avoid turnovers. Neither had a strong arm, and neither seems capable of 4th quarter comebacks. They are .500 qbs., which can be fools gold . Buffalo finally realized that to make a leap forward they had to cut ties. Wonder if Tenesee will reach theat conclusion as Mariotta's contract comes up next spring. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roch Jim said:

Watching this game today gave me such a sense of déjà vu. Marietta is Tyrod 2.0. I liked Tyrod, really appreciated that he was a gamer. They're both mobile, capable of avoiding sacks and running. They are both careful, maybe painfully so, to avoid turnovers. Neither had a strong arm, and neither seems capable of 4th quarter comebacks. They are .500 qbs., which can be fools gold . Buffalo finally realized that to make a leap forward they had to cut ties. Wonder if Tenesee will reach theat conclusion as Mariotta's contract comes up next spring. 

As much as I did not like Tyrod, he did have a strong arm and his deep passes were right on the money sometimes. His problem is that he played his game to safely and way too conservative. But I think that’s because of the way he was coached and Rex Ryan trying to be Lou Saban by committing to the ground game too much. And trying to have tyrod be joe Ferguson and constantly hand off to Lesean. We should’ve moved on from him in 17 he was terrible that year I think he only threw for 2,000 and had only 12 TDS , thank god McCoy still had enough juice in the tank and that are defense showed up that year. But I can definitely see the comparison with the 2 although Mariota has had an INT problem his last 3 years

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Do people go to sleep thinking about different ways to criticize Tyrod Taylor? The Bills just won a huge road game to go to 4-1 and the this is what someone is thinking about? Wow. Let it go!

LOL. It’s amazing that some bills fans I talk to think he was the reason we made the playoffs in 17?. I tell them go back and re watch footage of that season. We made it because of McCoy and our Defense and Andy Dalton

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

LOL. It’s amazing that some bills fans I talk to think he was the reason we made the playoffs in 17?. I tell them go back and re watch footage of that season. We made it because of McCoy and our Defense and Andy Dalton

He was certainly the reason we had a quick exit from the post season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don't understand the fixation, but to each their own. It seems a bit....weird. Tyrod was a QB who's play regressed as his speed slipped and teams figured out how to gameplan against him. Definitely not a guy you want starting long term. Other than that, he was a decent bridge QB for the Bills and was at least competent. For different reasons, Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a long term starter, yet the sentiment seems to be the polar opposite. Again. Seems odd, but I'll leave it at that.

The Bills are 4-1 with their only defeat a 6 point loss against the Pats in which they had a chance to win. That's where my focus is.