4-1 teams have a 77% chance to make the playoffs: 3 things we need to do to make it 100%

rayray808

25 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Wasn't that in the first half? (I was pissed too tho)

I don't subscribe to the Mike Schopp school of never punting. I say take the points, especially in a game that could come down to 3.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't subscribe to the Mike Schopp school of never punting. I say take the points, especially in a game that could come down to 3.

I'm with you. I was pretty mad at the call. 

QB sneak/draw is great in certain situations, anthe **Pats have done it for years with Brady...but not on 4th and almost 2. I wanted them to take the FG, but after lining up, was hoping for some misdirection or jet sweep there.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

2 games against the Dolphins, 1 against the Redskins and 1 against the Jets should be 4 wins meaning we only need 2 from the remaining 7

If they beat the Broncos and Ravens at HOME that will be the remaining two games.  Now we also have a reasonable shot to win at Pittsburgh due to their QB situation.

We have 6 more home games...if we take care of our home games we get to 10 wins and more!

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Can’t come out of the bye week thinking Miami is a high school team.  Take it As seriously as they did tennessee

McDermott will take care of that. 

Just now, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I'm with you. I was pretty mad at the call. 

QB sneak/draw is great in certain situations, anthe **Pats have done it for years with Brady...but not on 4th and almost 2. I wanted them to take the FG, but after lining up, was hoping for some misdirection or jet sweep there.

Yes, anything but a sneak for 2 yards.

With this defense there is not a winnable game on the schedule.  Exciting to know for the most part this defense should be the same next year too and then the offense willhave the majority of its players in the same offense in year two as well.  Exciting times for the Bills imo

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills goal is likely to win 10 games in order to secure a playoff spot. They have 4 in the bag. Looking at the schedule they should be favored to beat the Fins twice, the Broncos, The Redskins, The Steelers and the Jets.

Take care of those 6 games and you get to 10 wins. But being the NFL you are likely to have a fluke loss in there. So that means the team is going to have to win one of two "toss up" games against the Eagles and Browns or take an underdog game from the Pats, Cowboys, and Ravens. 

Either way I think the Bills just need to focus on licking their wounds during the bye and take care of the Fins at home to get half way to 10 wins. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I want both!   They lose and we beat them there.  

Don't we want them to beat us and then face us in playoffs and lose because "it is hard to beat a team three times in a year"?

:devil:

The full statement is "it is hard to beat a team three times in a year because if you beat them twice it is not likely they are in playoffs to be beaten third time."

3 hours ago, Freak-O said:

Defense has been great, Hauschka is doing well with the kicking, Bojangles is punting just fine. I just wish we'd score more points. It would be less nervous that way. :)

we have played some fantastic defense....Titans, Patriots, Bengals and Jets....All these teams give less than 20 points on defense.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I want both.

The Patriots* have some tough games ahead of them. They are beatable.

They currently have a very easy schedule...

Giants,  Jets, Browns   -   Next 3 weeks.

Then slightly tough schedule

Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs, 

They close with  Dolphins, Bills, Bengals.

I see only a maximum of 2 or 3 losses....They will be 13-3 or 14-2 by end of the year.

This team will find a way to make it to the playoffs...even if they will their way...they will get there. They are just getting started. If this defense holds...can't we tell by now!

Edited by Rocket94

Lol as I read this thread title all I think is "The 1 thing we need to do is win out, that's the only way to say 100% we get in"...

We're in the driver's seat for the wild card, just keep winning and you stay there, PERIOD.