4-1 teams have a 77% chance to make the playoffs: 3 things we need to do to make it 100%

rayray808

20 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The rest is really needed for the offensive line.  It's the Miami game after the bye, and it's a home game.  That game, more than any other on the schedule is a "should win game" for Buffalo.  The following week against Philly will be tougher, but the Bills are at home.  Then they have Washington the week after that, another "should win game."  So, halfway thought the season Buffalo ought to be at 6 wins at least.  You can't ask for a much better situation than that.

Also gotta get Singletary back because you wanna limit Gore's carries and JA can be slow to hit the checkdown. Singletary has the suddenness to make things happen in this situation and Yeldon does not. I know he's been a good receiver in the past, but he doesn't look like a good fit with Allen. We're gonna need some more pop plays to beat top competition.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

How about actually beating them when the opportunity is there?

That kind of goes hand in hand.

1 minute ago, Big C said:

I think they will. Brady really is starting to show his age. Their D is rock solid and their coaching is impeccable so they will still push for another ring but they are not as good as they seem. Really think we gifted them a W last week.

Agree.

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Also gotta get Singletary back because you wanna limit Gore's carries and JA can be slow to hit the checkdown. Singletary has the suddenness to make things happen in this situation and Yeldon does not. I know he's been a good receiver in the past, but he doesn't look like a good fit with Allen. We're gonna need some more pop plays to beat top competition.

I'm assuming Singletary will be fine with 14 more days to recuperate.  He was real close this week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Special K said:

The Bills need to go 6-5 the rest of the way to end up 10-6 which should be a lock for a wild card spot.

I agree , and that doesn’t seem to translate to a “ 77 % chance “ or whatever they like stating this historical record of past 4-1 teams as. You still have to win 10 ( probably ) regardless of the order the victories come in. 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Is it insane that I can’t wait to get up to foxboro? 

That game could turn out to be a helluva game. Let’s get to 10-11 wins first, THEN I’ll be ready to go up there and take one!

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe they should keep going for it on 4th down instead of kicking field goals. That works out so well.

Wasn't that in the first half? (I was pissed too tho)

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

We’ve been at a higher percent and missed 

True, but that was with worse teams and a stronger conference. AFC is pretty so-so this year, record wise. Plus, the Bills schedule is pretty favorable this go round.

4 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

True, but that was with worse teams and a stronger conference. AFC is pretty so-so this year, record wise. Plus, the Bills schedule is pretty favorable this go round.

I definitely agree with that.  The have nots really don't have it this year

I figure there are five games left in the schedule that the Bills really should win.  They have enough talent that barring some crucial injuries and more stupid play than they've had thus far, they should beat Miami twice and their remaining game at home with the Jets.  They should also beat Washington and Denver.  They have four games where they should be competitive and have a chance of pulling out.  Those are their games against Philadelphia, Cleveland, Baltimore and Pittsburgh.  They have just 2 really tough games where they have to beat the odds in order to come up with wins.  Those games are the away games at New England and Dallas (Thanksgiving Day.  If the Bills take care of business in their "should win" games, and are .500 in games that one would expect to be competitive, they could end up with 11 wins.  That would get them into the playoffs as a wild card almost every year.  

There's some space between this team and the rest of the AFC already. Get past Miami, and it really starts looking nice. That is such an important game. I know it seems like a "gimme" but it can't be overlooked. It's the difference between real separation in the AFC and a tailspin. I can't believe I may actually watch a Dolphins-Redskins game next week, so awful.