What a great way to head into the bye ?

BillsBlue

I just want to take a second and say wow what an awesome start to the season? It's not often that we get to go into the abyss that is the bye week with a bounce in our step. I'd say that the team has met what I thought our ceiling was with our current roster so far this year. MCD deserves applause what an awesome coach, he has brought a championship caliber swagger to this team. The teams focus especially on defense is awesome to see. It's nice to see Edmunds earning his freakazoid name tag ? almost every big play on defense ends with him creaming the ball-carrier!!! John Brown was a genius value add by Beane as was Beasley and the chemistry is budding nicely between them and JA. Frank Gore made shady expendable he's a machine and I feel lucky to see him ride off into the sunset a Bill.  I can't wait to see what Duke has in store for us in the future as well as Knox and Singletary ? Hold on boys and girls it's fixing to be an interesting season, who knows how good this team can be once the offense gels further and the same can be said for the defense that's already playing championship ball?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The math looks great. 4-1 with a very easy schedule.

WINS.  Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Jets.  They are a combined 0-20 or something like that.  You get to 9 WINS. 

SPLIT these GAMES.  Eagles, Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots.  You get to TWELVE wins.

12-4 is my prediction.  #5 seed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

WINS.  Dolphins, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Jets.  They are a combined 0-20 or something like that.  You get to 9 WINS. 

SPLIT these GAMES.  Eagles, Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots.  You get to TWELVE wins.

This seems reasonable to me, our defense makes em all winnable the only games I'm worried about are the pats and cowboys tbh

Just now, Jerome007 said:

And as been said in another thread, while that Bye Week came early, it is timely as well with all the injuries

Ain't it the truth and we come in knowing who our playmakers are on offense too so we can cook up a serious offensive game plan for the rest of the season, Gore and yeldon have been great then you get a shot in the arm with singletary back to be the slash/ take it to the house guy, Duke showed what he can add for our redzone trips, Knox is gaining traction as a playmaker to account for, Brown and Beasley are the icing on the ?

1 minute ago, BillsBlue said:

This seems reasonable to me, our defense makes em all winnable the only games I'm worried about are the pats and cowboys tbh

Cowboys look awful and they will be traveling off a long trip from New England the week before.  That win on national TV will cement the Bills as a serious Super Bowl contender.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

Ain't it the truth and we come in knowing who our playmakers are on offense too so we can cook up a serious offensive game plan for the rest of the season, Gore and yeldon have been great then you get a shot in the arm with singletary back to be the slash/ take it to the house guy, Duke showed what he can add for our redzone trips, Knox is gaining traction as a playmaker to account for, Brown and Beasley are the icing on the ?

Beane gets a lot of credit. Us positive fans kind of expected that. The new OLinemen and WRs would create a major upgrade, and they have. TEs are a surprise, a pleasant one. I admit I still don't get why to get rid of Shady this year but what's done is done. I was actually wary the D wouldn't be as good, because of age and not being as "lucky" as last year, etc. Was I wrong or what! That D is top level.

And while we all have to be "all in" this year, isn't great to know there is a lot of cap space for 2020? Beane and McD really have put a great plan together. Last year had to be sacrificed and now it's on!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Cowboys look awful and they will be traveling off a long trip from New England the week before.  That win on national TV will cement the Bills as a serious Super Bowl contender.

I sure hope so ?

13 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Dunno why people keep automatically counting the Steelers as a hard game.  They're 1-4 and might be on their 7th QB by then.

Add the Steelers to the first group, and those games are against a group with a combined record of 1-28 (counting the Dolphins twice).

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

12-4 could give them the 3rd best record in the conference, but unfortunately they'd be rewarded with the 5th seed and a road playoff game agasint a team with a worse record.  But that does happen many years and those are the ones the road team often does win.

I'm not so sure of a split in them either maybe 2-4, but still would give them an 11-5 which probably would still give them the #5 seed.  Will depend how much they actually improve as the seaosn goes on.  If the offense starts playing better and scoring more points, then maybe.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 3

To paraphrase a famous Bills coach, 4-1, baby!  Where else would you rather be!

I love it.  I almost love that we came up short against the Pats - I'm sure they're in a mode of wrapping up the division now. But we'll be nipping at those entitled heels all season, and that game at Gillette is gonna mean something.

The division is still up for grabs. We have to win those games that we should win, and I think we will. This is such a different team from what we're used to.  If Allen can tighten it up just a bit, and get that deep ball going, the sky is the limit.

We're earned this!

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

I just want to take a second and say wow what an awesome start to the season? It's not often that we get to go into the abyss that is the bye week with a bounce in our step. I'd say that the team has met what I thought our ceiling was with our current roster so far this year. MCD deserves applause what an awesome coach, he has brought a championship caliber swagger to this team. The teams focus especially on defense is awesome to see. It's nice to see Edmunds earning his freakazoid name tag ? almost every big play on defense ends with him creaming the ball-carrier!!! John Brown was a genius value add by Beane as was Beasley and the chemistry is budding nicely between them and JA. Frank Gore made shady expendable he's a machine and I feel lucky to see him ride off into the sunset a Bill.  I can't wait to see what Duke has in store for us in the future as well as Knox and Singletary ? Hold on boys and girls it's fixing to be an interesting season, who knows how good this team can be once the offense gels further and the same can be said for the defense that's already playing championship ball?

Could you insert a few more emojis please? Maybe a ? here or a ? there? You might even use a ??? in honor of our Asian brothers and sisters. Just sayin. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Broncos just beat the Chargers in Cali. 

Denver may improve or may not.   I still like the Buffalo HFA 

defeat CLE & BAL & PIT

The Cowboys are not playing well

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Broncos just beat the Chargers in Cali. 

defeat CLE & BAL & PIT

The Cowboys are not playing well

Or are the Packers for real?  Their defense is night and day better than last year, thanks to Pettine.  Rodgers and LaFleur are working better than I thought they would; their offense has put up 31 so far against an excellent Dallas defense.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Or are the Packers for real?  Their defense is night and day better than last year, thanks to Pettine.  Rodgers and LaFleur are working better than I thought they would; their offense has put up 31 so far against an excellent Dallas defense.

Good question.  

The cowboys were supposed to be SB favorites and not GB.  

• Like (+1) 1