Is Our Head Coach Taking These Games Too Lightly?

They were within field goal range early in the game and they went for it in fourth down. They didn’t make it.  In my opinion at the time, they were taking unnecessary risks for the sake of a touchdown versus a field goal.  I wouldn’t take that risk in the first quarter.  So in that circumstance they were being aggressive, whereas you are pointing out that they are too passive. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

And I make this topic statement, because not to dwell on past games coaching decisions,but on today's game coaching decision.

I'm watching Green Bay with 44 sec.left in the half,and Green Bay's coach is calling plays as if they're down 17 points instead of leading 17 to nothing.Green Bay is trying to close this game out in the first half!

Now,I reflect on us today, with the exact same 44 sec, to the half and we throw a short pass for two yards and the next play hasn't even setup yet with time on the clock and we're heading to the locker room with a 7 to nothing lead.

I would like our coaches to have a little more aggressive mindset in these remaining games going forward!

I COULD NOT understand the 49 seconds left, 3 timeouts and going into the locker room -

Your QB is hot at this point and you have gone for it twice on 4th down. It puts MORE emphasis on having the ball after the half - we went 3 and out!

I thought he was coaching scared at this point if I'm completely honest. Loved the aggression earlier.

Think if Aaron Rogers were behind center things would be different!

Seems the thought process by the coaching staff is offensively, the team is still weak, young QB who's still learning, somewhat shaky play on the O-line, top that off with injuries, and WR corp that's 2 to 3 X better than last year, but still probably overall rated in the bottom half of all teams.

So the thinking is lets not go and lose games, play conservative and that extends through the 3rd Q of games too.  Then they realize OK we need to start playing again.  So far for the most part it's worked, it's nerve wracking, but consider the overall tlanet and experience on  the offensive side of the ball, may not be a bad idea, though d owish they'd be a little more aggressive in Q-3

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

I would like our coaches to have a little more aggressive mindset in these remaining games going forward!

I mean at times I thought they were too aggressive like going for it 4th and goal against the Patriots instead of going for the field goal

Just enjoy the W

35 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

And I make this topic statement, because not to dwell on past games coaching decisions,but on today's game coaching decision.

I'm watching Green Bay with 44 sec.left in the half,and Green Bay's coach is calling plays as if they're down 17 points instead of leading 17 to nothing.Green Bay is trying to close this game out in the first half!

Now,I reflect on us today, with the exact same 44 sec, to the half and we throw a short pass for two yards and the next play hasn't even setup yet with time on the clock and we're heading to the locker room with a 7 to nothing lead.

IDK but maybe they're being overly cautious given this offense's tendency to turn the ball over? (Just giving them benefit of the doubt) 

39 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

You know, I really didn't like the effort McDermott was putting into his golf clapping after every play.

He was clearly taking the Titans for granted.

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Think if Aaron Rogers were behind center things would be different!

Seems the thought process by the coaching staff is offensively, the team is still weak, young QB who's still learning, somewhat shaky play on the O-line, top that off with injuries, and WR corp that's 2 to 3 X better than last year, but still probably overall rated in the bottom half of all teams.

So the thinking is lets not go and lose games, play conservative and that extends through the 3rd Q of games too.  Then they realize OK we need to start playing again.  So far for the most part it's worked, it's nerve wracking, but consider the overall tlanet and experience on  the offensive side of the ball, may not be a bad idea, though d owish they'd be a little more aggressive in Q-3

Thing is at the point it was.. 49 seconds left, 3 time outs -

the GOOD josh was playing. 17/21 (2 drops, 2 throwaways)..

Give him a chance to get you to a field goal..

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

Yeah I know what you mean but we were in a good spot at that point and going to get the ball first in the second half. Kind of bothered me that they threw the pass if they knew they were not going to try to move down the field why not just kneel down.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

Our coach does not have a veteran, likely HOF, QB under center.  Your premise is idiotic.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, london_bills said:

Thing is at the point it was.. 49 seconds left, 3 time outs -

the GOOD josh was playing. 17/21 (2 drops, 2 throwaways)..

Give him a chance to get you to a field goal..

Yeah an one Int away from Tenn being the one kicking the FG too.

Yes the good Josh was playing but the Int in Q-3 looked more like the old Josh.  And now you're asking him to press.

I just think they are going to try and do everything they can to make sure Josh and the offense in general doesn't lose the game for them.

15 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Yup. McDermott is on the hot seat.

‘Bout time. Take away all the bad things the other teams did, and invent some bad things we did, and we’d be looking at 0-5 right now. Fire everyone. Burn it down. 

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah an one Int away from Tenn being the one kicking the FG too.

Yes the good Josh was playing but the Int in Q-3 looked more like the old Josh.  And now you're asking him to press.

I just think they are going to try and do everything they can to make sure Josh and the offense in general doesn't lose the game for them.

OK, why not? Winning!!!!!!