Lock down Jordan Phillips

billsgpr88

17 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

I'll take him over star any day. He's hungry, still pretty young, and a legit force. With him, Harry, and Oliver, we got a bright future on the interior. Who knows, maybe Darryl Johnson becomes a legit end opposit Jerry? I digress, the point is there's no need to look beyond our roster for the present and future at DT

What a force yesterday.  Wait until the next game. He actually has a beef with the phins

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but signing Phillips to a long term deal is very risky.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/02/dt-jordan-phillips-announces-he-has-been-released-by-dolphins/

He has had significant motivational issues and off-field baggage. He has been criticized of taking plays off and being a diva.

I love the guy ... but doesn't a lot of this sound familiar?

He had one good game. He disappears for long stretches of games. Let's wait till he is consistently performing.

12 hours ago, Big C said:

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: I can't believe we only signed him for the one year. We are going to have to pony up a lot more at this rate. But hey, maybe that's what he and his agent were looking for. He seems fully committed to the city and team and I hope we can keep him around.

Because he's been inconsistent his entire career.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

He had one good game. He disappears for long stretches of games. Let's wait till he is consistently performing.

Because he's been inconsistent his entire career.

We have become way too familiar with this. Right on...lets see what the entire season says.

• 4 weeks later...

So what does his next contract look like?

Speculation here but would $7M a year for three years get it done?

Not sure I would want to pay him more but suspect someone else might..

I like him but could see him getting "comfortable" after he signs his multi year deal...

Edited by Aussie Joe