Lock down Jordan Phillips

billsgpr88

2 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

I'll take him over star any day. He's hungry, still pretty young, and a legit force. With him, Harry, and Oliver, we got a bright future on the interior. Who knows, maybe Darryl Johnson becomes a legit end opposit Jerry? I digress, the point is there's no need to look beyond our roster for the present and future at DT

Agree, if H Phillips didn't go down Star would be expendable. Sign Jordan sooner than later.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

It doesn't need to be Phillips vs. Star. They are both good at what the are expected to do. They are different styles of DT as well. With all that said, Jordan Phillips had an incredible outing today. We all win.

Star continues to see a reduced snap count and there isn't a questions why.  In 2016, with McD as DC, he was in on 66% of their snaps while playing all 16 games.  This year he's at 42% through 4 games with 58 snaps.  Something's amiss here and it's certainly not the DC or scheme.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LotuSt00.htm

Buffalo's invested quite a bit at DT considering the positional value these last 3 off-seasons.  They need to be strong down the middle, but giving J. Phillips a long term contract at Snacks level (9M per) is a lot to put into one position considering they've already used a top 10 and 3rd round pick there besides Star.  

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: I can't believe we only signed him for the one year. We are going to have to pony up a lot more at this rate. But hey, maybe that's what he and his agent were looking for. He seems fully committed to the city and team and I hope we can keep him around.

1 minute ago, Big C said:

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again: I can't believe we only signed him for the one year. We are going to have to pony up a lot more at this rate. But hey, maybe that's what he and his agent were looking for. He seems fully committed to the city and team and I hope we can keep him around.

This sums it up

9 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

I'll take him over star any day. He's hungry, still pretty young, and a legit force. With him, Harry, and Oliver, we got a bright future on the interior. Who knows, maybe Darryl Johnson becomes a legit end opposit Jerry? I digress, the point is there's no need to look beyond our roster for the present and future at DT

im sure we will. Im also interested in that other former Miami player on the practice squad. He played a lot for them and shows how bad Miami is in evaluating its own players, dopes lol.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

at first i thought it was a folding chair and didn't get it but then saw it was a broken table lol, go mafia !!

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude was a beast yesterday..... Star was the complete opposite, per usual.

Star was falling all over himself yesterday.

He actually made a nice play to get to the Henry at the LOS only to bounce off of him, miss the tackle and fall on his ass. Guy is a complete waste.

I saw that.  Star gets paid like a million dollars a tackle.  He must try not to blink every day just in case this is some dream he's living in.