Taylor Lewan appreciation thread

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He always talks s*** and does things like this

Did he do something wrong there? Cutting rusher's legs out from under them is pretty common and within the rules. It's risky though, because if you miss them they have a free, unimpeded rush.

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Clear hold on Lawson there too. Lewan got beat and then should have been flagged.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Did he do something wrong there? Cutting rusher's legs out from under them is pretty common and within the rules. It's risky though, because if you miss them they have a free, unimpeded rush.

Agreed, think that is a standard play. Doesn't look like he's going right at the kneecaps or intending to injure either. 

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m sure McDermott is thrilled with the Twitter beef involving his guys.

I don't think these players are on that short of a leash. They didn't start it, they stuck up for each other and flexed a little. Good for camaraderie, as long as it's not ongoing.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

These exact words came out of my mouth about 20 minutes ago when I looked up his Wiki.

Side note: really liking Louis-Jacques taking over ESPN coverage for the Bills. Lots of good insights and not a Pats ballwasher.

Agreed. He's not a Bills homer by any stretch but definitely much better than Rodak!

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I agree .. but this is an OFF week.   The boys got free time 

Right McDermott does tell them to be smart in the media in all those post game locker room speeches. But we're not likely to play him again for at least a year.

https://apnews.com/bfe41d5f43d74b76b80560fcd4faead8

https://apnews.com/bfe41d5f43d74b76b80560fcd4faead8
Click to copy

Bills lineman finds another way to beat Titans left tackle

34 minutes ago

800.jpeg
Tennessee Titans offensive tackle Taylor Lewan yells after a play in the second half of an NFL football game against the Buffalo Bills Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019, in Nashville, Tenn. (AP Photo/James Kenney)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Jordan Phillips found another opening to beat Taylor Lewan — this time on social media.

The Titans’ three-time Pro Bowl left tackle gave a shout-out Monday on Twitter to Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson for his production as a first-round pick with a screen shot of Lawson’s stats through Sunday’s 14-7 win by Buffalo. Lawson had no tackles or sacks in the game.

Phillips, who had a career-high three sacks by halftime, took over.