Josh Allen - week FIVE report card

rayray808

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

See the video above. While it did get them in the game it may change your thoughts

it was also a bad decision to go over the middle, if you even attempt that pass throw it to Duke near the sidelines.

Agree with the B+

I could be wrong, but I don't recall any downfield throws. The one where Brown got wide open was probably the longest, about 20 yard. I like that, but when Foster gets back its time to start looking deep again, that will loosen up the middle some.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

it was also a bad decision to go over the middle, if you even attempt that pass throw it to Duke near the sidelines.

It was not a bad decision and, if Yeldon actually keeps running on the route, it was probably a completion. 

Let’s not forget he spent the week in concussion protocol with limited snaps.  The Titans defense is very good.  

The pick looks more like the receiver giving up on the play than anything else.   Pass protection today was again spotty.  

Oh, and he won again. 

B+.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Great rebound game for Josh.3-0 away from OP and we all know how hard it is to win on the road in the NFL.  The TN defense is very good. He didn't do anything spectacular but didn't hurt the team. Anytime JA throws 2 TD's and has only 1 TO, he is really easy to cheer on.

22 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

You have a rb that would have run into that pass had he not put the brakes on. THAT was the bad decision on that play.

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

If we are talking about the interception today, Cole was open; however, the throw was to Yeldon - and the INT was completely on Yeldon. If you watch the video, Yeldon, lined up outside at the top of the screen, stops twice on his route. The second stop is while the ball is in the air to him. If he continues, it is a good throw and probably a catch. It certainly was not "hero ball," as so many posters want to scream every time something bad happens

This interception was not on Allen. I give him an A for his performance today.

he literally threw a lowball into triple coverage 

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

If we are talking about the interception today, Cole was open; however, the throw was to Yeldon - and the INT was completely on Yeldon. If you watch the video, Yeldon, lined up outside at the top of the screen, stops twice on his route. The second stop is while the ball is in the air to him. If he continues, it is a good throw and probably a catch. It certainly was not "hero ball," as so many posters want to scream every time something bad happens

That looks like some big-ass confusion on route running by someone.  Daboll can't possibly have designed a set of routes that look like that  - can he?

• Like (+1) 2

70+% completion with a few drops and several intentional throwaways. I am not sure he had an off-target throw. 

He didn't light it up but it was the best game he's had as QB. Smart slides and even sacks. Even the INT was not as bad as I thought looking at the replay above.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That looks like some big-ass confusion on route running by someone.  Daboll can't possibly have designed a set of routes that look like that  - can he?

Yeldon looks a mess on that play. Stopped twice but he may have been trying to find space on the broken play and then thought it was going to Beaseley. 

Edited by Sundancer

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Thank you.  That throw was 100% to Yeldon and where he was going.  He should not have stopped.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1