Josh Allen - week FIVE report card

rayray808

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

WEEK 5: B+

23/32 - 219 yards - 2 TDʻs 1 INT - 27 yards rushing - 72% completion 

First and foremost Tennessee is a great defense. That does not excuse his INT which we all knew as he rolled out was about to be a really good play, or a really bad play, however it does need to be somewhat factored in. He managed the game and multiple times either slid, or threw the ball away. It showed mental growth and awareness of correcting last weeks mistakes. Most importantly though, he stayed poised and got us a TOUGH WIN on the ROAD.

We are 4-1 heading into the bye week and we need Allen to continue to develop the mental side of his game, while the rest of the team heals physically.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Week 4 could have been a D+ had we won. Agree with your post. If someone could look back at the int was there a collision by our wrs on that play right in front of the int?

Cole was actually wide open but Knox ran right to him bringing defenders with him.  

B+ . The INT pass probably should not have been thrown but the WR's did him no favors on that scramble drill.

9 implementations and 3 were throw aways and two were drops.  I didn't see any wildly inaccurate passes all day.  Perhaps the only one was a low ball to Beasley but he caught it.

Played in control most of the game. Played a little skittish when running but that is ok.  Protected the ball in the face of a good pass rush.

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cole was actually wide open but Knox ran right to him bringing defenders with him.  

If we are talking about the interception today, Cole was open; however, the throw was to Yeldon - and the INT was completely on Yeldon. If you watch the video, Yeldon, lined up outside at the top of the screen, stops twice on his route. The second stop is while the ball is in the air to him. If he continues, it is a good throw and probably a catch. It certainly was not "hero ball," as so many posters want to scream every time something bad happens

This interception was not on Allen. I give him an A for his performance today.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 6

I will give him a solid B+. I think the passing game plan was intentionally kept simple to protect him from his own mistakes. But it worked, he only made that one mistake. I like seeing him slide on every run, someone obviously got into his ear about that over the last week. Watching your own head get  crushed on an infinite film loop will change your habits pretty quickly. All in all I think this is just the game he needed after an awful outing last week.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not trying to make excuses because Josh was throwing under attack but I wonder if it was run wrong or if he was trying to get it to Knox OR if he just plain screwed that one up. 

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Not trying to make excuses because Josh was throwing under attack but I wonder if it was run wrong or if he was trying to get it to Knox OR if he just plain screwed that one up. 

He was throwing to Yeldon, see above video.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

taking those slides today was improvement. he will/should improve week to week.

still to many QB runs, especially the 4th and 2.  

Overall I would give Allen a B-.  For the most of the game he played within himself and didn't try to force much.  I don't really understand not attempting to throw the ball over 20 yards.

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If we are talking about the interception today, Cole was open; however, the throw was to Yeldon - and the INT was completely on Yeldon. If you watch the video, Yeldon, lined up outside at the top of the screen, stops twice on his route. The second stop is while the ball is in the air to him. If he continues, it is a good throw and probably a catch. It certainly was not "hero ball," as so many posters want to scream every time something bad happens

Thanks a lot for this. I thought it was a way worse play by Josh before I saw this angle. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

WOW! He put the brakes on didnt he. I suppose he thought that was going to the wr. THANKS a million. This answers my original question. 

• Like (+1) 1

C+

Very efficient first half, took what the Titans gave to him. I would like to see the all-22 this week, there were several plays where he had ample time to find someone open and didn't.

His interception was awul, got the Titans into the game, huge momentum in their favor.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fixxxer said:

C+

Very efficient first half, took what the Titans gave to him. I would like to see the all-22 this week, there were several plays where he had ample time to find someone open and didn't.

His interception was awul, got the Titans into the game, huge momentum in their favor.

See the video above. While it did get them in the game it may change your thoughts

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

See the video above. While it did get them in the game it may change your thoughts

He shouldn't have attempted the pass, IMO, we were dominating the Titans, throw the ball away and live to fight another down.