Bills fans table breaking needs to calm down

Virgil

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Count me in as another Bills fan who is "over" the table jumping. I was surprised no one went off the bridge and 90 feet down into the river yesterday.

Enough is enough. The team is looking like it will be good again, which means all this extra-curricular ***** we did to entertain ourselves can go away.

Fine.  But can we still drink out of girls' ass cracks?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

The nitwit is doing it for fifteen minutes of fame. If you’re encouraging this you are part of the problem. I’m pretty sure this guy doesn’t do this in his back yard for fun while no one is watching. People need to have a little more compassion for their fellow human beings. You are exploiting this persons really poor judgement in order for you to get your rocks off for five seconds. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. 

This guy wanted 5 minutes of fame, and he got it... whether or not he'll remember it is another thing.  

Is it sad that people do this stuff?  Yeah... but it's also their choice. 

I don;t feel sorry for this guy at all... I've been to over 200 Bills games and tailgated going back to when I was a wee lad... As I grew up I started to tailgate with buddies and we did some dumb stuff drinking, but NEVER is my life was I possessed to do something as stupid as these people do.  It's their choice to not think about the consequences, and act...

Most of them only hurt themselves, thankfully, but at the end of the day it's their choice! 

When you look at the prospect of jumping off a raised lot down 10 feet and over a concrete driveway onto a wooden table expecting to break it, you can't possibly be thinking "This won't hurt."  Even if you land that thing properly it's going to hurt and there is a high probability of injury.  So the fact that it went badly, which any person with a brain could've predicted, and he was MORE hurt than even he expected... i mean why am I supposed to feel sorry for the guy?  

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.... this moron played the table breaking game and won medical bills and notoriety for being a bozo... good for him... 

39 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, I shouldn't have laughed my ass off when I saw this vid?

I thought the one where the guy almost blew his own face off was better...

This is cringe worthy but the other one was funnier IMO.

Either way I've watched both like 20 times lol 

2 minutes ago, MR8 said:

This guy wanted 5 minutes of fame, and he got it... whether or not he'll remember it is another thing.  

Is it sad that people do this stuff?  Yeah... but it's also their choice. 

I don;t feel sorry for this guy at all... I've been to over 200 Bills games and tailgated going back to when I was a wee lad... As I grew up I started to tailgate with buddies and we did some dumb stuff drinking, but NEVER is my life was I possessed to do something as stupid as these people do.  It's their choice to not think about the consequences, and act...

Most of them only hurt themselves, thankfully, but at the end of the day it's their choice! 

When you look at the prospect of jumping off a raised lot down 10 feet and over a concrete driveway onto a wooden table expecting to break it, you can't possibly be thinking "This won't hurt."  Even if you land that thing properly it's going to hurt and there is a high probability of injury.  So the fact that it went badly, which any person with a brain could've predicted, and he was MORE hurt than even he expected... i mean why am I supposed to feel sorry for the guy?  

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.... this moron played the table breaking game and won medical bills and notoriety for being a bozo... good for him... 

No one is trying to tread on your freedoms and ban it. But it shouldnt be encouraged anymore either. When he's that tanked and has a group of people cheering him on, it's barely his choice. If it was as DIScouraged as it has been ENcouraged, it would go away, and it would still be left to choice.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Fine.  But can we still drink out of girls' ass cracks?

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Every sunday whether the Bills are playing or not!

Only if she blows bubbles in it while you're drinking... 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No one is trying to tread on your freedoms and ban it. But it shouldnt be encouraged anymore either. When he's that tanked and has a group of people cheering him on, it's barely his choice. If it was as DIScouraged as it has been ENcouraged, it would go away, and it would still be left to choice.

I'm not one who would encourage it if I were there, but I sure as ***** would sit and watch.  

And the people encouraging it, are the same people doing it.  Most people think it's idiotic.

Edited by MR8

Table jumping has become iconic with #BillsMafia but it's really dangerous and stupid. That said, I wonder if they can create a sanctioned professional choreographed acrobatic table jumping show? Don't try this at home, kids. Leave it to the pros.

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

The nitwit is doing it for fifteen minutes of fame. If you’re encouraging this you are part of the problem. I’m pretty sure this guy doesn’t do this in his back yard for fun while no one is watching. People need to have a little more compassion for their fellow human beings. You are exploiting this persons really poor judgement in order for you to get your rocks off for five seconds. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. 

You keep saying "you".  The only person that needs to look at themselves is the jumper.  He's the fool and I don't feel bad for him at all

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The guy in the video isn't trying to harm himself.  

I have no guilt and no delusions about the violent sports I watch.

I'm also guessing this guy didn't plan to face plant on the ground. I'm also guessing their state of intoxication makes them a poor judge of the possible danger--as well as their spatial relationships.

With that said, comparing the MMA, or any sport to this seems to be a stretch.  This isn't a professional, or even amateur,  sport. There are no rules, governing bodies or substantial rewards for completing the task. It's simply drunken morons doing stupid drunk things. But until they start hurting others, and not just themselves,  I have no serious objection.

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Table jumping has become iconic with #BillsMafia but it's really dangerous and stupid. That said, I wonder if they can create a sanctioned professional choreographed acrobatic table jumping show? Don't try this at home, kids. Leave it to the pros.

that might be a great idea for the Officially-Sanctioned Buffalo Bills Tailgate Village.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm also guessing this guy didn't plan to face plant on the ground. I'm also guessing their state of intoxication makes them a poor judge of the possible danger--as well as their spatial relationships.

With that said, comparing the MMA, or any sport to this seems to be a stretch.  This isn't a professional, or even amateur,  sport. There are no rules, governing bodies or substantial rewards for completing the task. It's simply drunken morons doing stupid drunk things. But until they start hurting others, and not just themselves,  I have no serious objection.

My first comment in this thread was regarding the morality of observing or encouraging high risk behavior where the probability of injury is high.  I was responding to some of the holier than thou attitudes on display in this thread. 

Within the established context, the parallels couldn't be more obvious.  

17 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

While I was watching the video, my bride the second offered to make me a sundae.  On my fifth review of the leap she called in from the kitchen “crushed nuts?”  “No”, I said, “just knocked cold”.  ?

(I stole that one from Don ‘Charlie Fahrquharson’ Harron.)

That's a good one - will try to see where I can use that in the future....work's out, too much HR stuff to deal with, maybe with some friends, maybe here is a couple months when people forget.  

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

My first comment in this thread was regarding the morality of observing or encouraging high risk behavior where the probability of injury is high.  I was responding to some of the holier than thou attitudes on display in this thread. 

Within the established context, the parallels couldn't be more obvious.  

It’s plain and simple if people weren’t encouraging this and validating these people for their stupid drunken decision no one would be doing it. You keep stating that you play no part in any of this and that couldn’t be further from the truth. The parallels aren’t obvious and they aren’t the same. You’re stretching ideas that don’t make sense. No one should be encouraging or egging on completely wasted people to do something where the outcome will result in injury 100% of the time. Seriously just stop depending your ridiculous point that professional wrestling, mma, and professional sports are in any way shape or form the same as encouraging someone to destroy their body for your amusement and then have the audacity to say it’s 100% on them and then proceed to ridicule them and make comments about how stupid they are. The people encouraging this stupid act are even worse because you are the ones incentivizing these actions.

whatever happen to just having fun? I’ve been to hundreds of great tailgating experiences and engaged in activities that could be considered stupid or embarrassing but were harmless. I drawn the line on encouraging someone to put their life on the line like this guy so I can have a good time. The table jumping had its moments. It’s not funny anymore, and I for dam sure don’t want you idiots in the billsmafia or whatever encouraging these fools. We should be celebrating this team and enjoying this season and we don’t need any of you knuckleheads making headlines and changing the narrative around this season when the next guy maybe breaks some bones or worse. You want to go be wrestlers then go do that ***** on your own time and on your own dime. 

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

It’s plain and simple if people weren’t encouraging this and validating these people for their stupid drunken decision no one would be doing it. You keep stating that you play no part in any of this and that couldn’t be further from the truth. The parallels aren’t obvious and they aren’t the same. You’re stretching ideas that don’t make sense. No one should be encouraging or egging on completely wasted people to do something where the outcome will result in injury 100% of the time. Seriously just stop depending your ridiculous point that professional wrestling, mma, and professional sports are in any way shape or form the same as encouraging someone to destroy their body for your amusement and then have the audacity to say it’s 100% on them and then proceed to ridicule them and make comments about how stupid they are. The people encouraging this stupid act are even worse because you are the ones incentivizing these actions.

whatever happen to just having fun? I’ve been to hundreds of great tailgating experiences and engaged in activities that could be considered stupid or embarrassing but were harmless. I drawn the line on encouraging someone to put their life on the line like this guy so I can have a good time. The table jumping had its moments. It’s not funny anymore, and I for dam sure don’t want you idiots in the billsmafia or whatever encouraging these fools. We should be celebrating this team and enjoying this season and we don’t need any of you knuckleheads making headlines and changing the narrative around this season when the next guy maybe breaks some bones or worse. You want to go be wrestlers then go do that ***** on your own time and on your own dime. 

1. I absolutely play no part in any of this *****. 

2. Professional football, boxing, and MMA are 100% people destroying their own bodies for the amusement of others.

3. No you do not and that has been the point. (Hint: See item #2.)

How many times have you fainted today?  Keep shrieking about what a good person you are.

• Like (+1) 3