Bills fans table breaking needs to calm down

Virgil

43 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What is the difference?  Compensation?  Is the risk of injury necessarily higher than playing NFL football?

Break it down for me.

On one hand we have professional athletes supported by experienced trainers and top-notch medical staffs. They wear equipment that's been engineered to minimize injuries or at least reduce the severity of those injuries.

On the other hand we have an unprotected drunk amateur diving head-first into a target that's a mere inches away from solid concrete.

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

On one hand we have professional athletes supported by experienced trainers and top-notch medical staffs. They wear equipment that's been engineered to minimize injuries or at least reduce the severity of those injuries.

On the other hand we have an unprotected drunk amateur diving head-first into a target that's a mere inches away from solid concrete.

Is the risk of injury higher than playing professional football in your assessment?  What if we put a quarter inch of turf over the concrete?  Does that change the equation?

39 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Lol sorry I made you think.

ill copy this again for ya 

Also id like to add rooting for sports teams is about competing at the highest levels. No matter what sport you play there is also a chance on injury but no one is rooting for the injury. In this case everyone watching this person was indeed rooting for this person to be injured hence the you’re kind of a piece of ***** for encouraging this. There is no way this person doesn’t get hurt and sorry I don’t like watching people injure themselves on purpose for amusement. 

Edited 9 minutes ago by Rocbillsfan1

i remember a few years ago when NASCAR became the #1 spectator sport they did a poll on what attracted people the most to the races.

guess what the top answer was...

not condoning it by any means but if you were to condemn them, there's a gigantic population you'd need to include in your disapproval.

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Is the risk of injury higher than playing professional football in your assessment?  What if we put a quarter inch of turf over the concrete?  Does that change the equation?

I think it's reasonable to assume that if you took 1000 random football plays and counted up the injuries, and then repeated that guy's table stunt with 1000 random drunk amateurs, the latter would result in more serious injuries. It's impossible to ethically test that hypothesis, however, as no Institutional Research Board would approve an experimental study of that type.

If you want to add a quarter-inch of turf to your argument, then you have to equalize everything by using professional athletes in full gear, supported by trainers, medical staffs, etc. In other words, turn table-diving into a professional sport and compare the injuries to those in pro football - then you'll have an apples-to-apples comparison.

Edited by WhoTom

40 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

1. Well that's false. 

2. Also, false. 

3. Just on accident I suppose.  And that's why you're a good person!!

Boxing and MMA would like to have a word with you regarding rooting for injury. Keep squirming.

Lol you’re the one squirming pal, I also don’t like mma or boxing but again I would beg to differ the difference between competing in sports and that video. Keep grasping at straws though. 

Just ignorant sorry Bills fans need to be smarter than that dude could have really been seriously hurt if he wasn't which looks as if he was !! 

Get smarter Bills Mafia !! 

Bills fans don't let other Bills fans Dive Drunk !! 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Lol you’re the one squirming pal, I also don’t like mma or boxing but again I would beg to differ the difference between competing in sports and that video. Keep grasping at straws though. 

I'm not the one who suggested everyone who is entertained by high risk activities with significant risk of injury is a bad person. 

If you feel that watching the best athletes in the world beat each others brains in is fine and dandy because its been grandfathered in as a sport but anyone watching a stunt or spectacle is a scumbag then we can continue to explore your hypocrisy.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I have to respectfully disagree with the outrage towards bystanders.  If that fool chose to jump onto the table, that is on him.  It is not my responsibility to police a nitwit.  

The nitwit is doing it for fifteen minutes of fame. If you’re encouraging this you are part of the problem. I’m pretty sure this guy doesn’t do this in his back yard for fun while no one is watching. People need to have a little more compassion for their fellow human beings. You are exploiting this persons really poor judgement in order for you to get your rocks off for five seconds. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I think it's reasonable to assume that if you took 1000 random football plays and counted up the injuries, and then repeated that guy's table stunt with 1000 random drunk amateurs, the latter would result in more serious injuries. It's impossible to ethically test that hypothesis, however, as no Institutional Research Board would approve an experimental study of that type.

If you want to add a quarter-inch of turf to your argument, then you have to equalize everything by using professional athletes in full gear, supported by trainers, medical staffs, etc. In other words, turn table-diving into a professional sport and compare the injuries to those in pro football - then you'll have an apples-to-apples comparison.

The question was about the morality of stunt vs. sport.  After a few pages of dissecting the difference between high risk activities with high potential for injury I am certain my point has been made to satisfaction for anyone whose sense of self worth isn't riding on the outcome.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm not the one who suggested everyone who is entertained by high risk activities with significant risk of injury is a bad person. 

If you feel that watching the best athletes in the world beat each others brains in is fine and dandy because its been grandfathered in as a sport but anyone watching a stunt or spectacle is a scumbag then we can continue to explore your hypocrisy.  

This dude is severely impaired, he isn’t a paid professional trying to minimize risk of injury. maybe we should have put him in a racing car for your sick enjoyment too. God you are a disgusting person who also doesn’t get nuance. Stay classy loser. 

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

The nitwit is doing it for fifteen minutes of fame. If you’re encouraging this you are part of the problem. I’m pretty sure this guy doesn’t do this in his back yard for fun while no one is watching. People need to have a little more compassion for their fellow human beings. You are exploiting this persons really poor judgement in order for you to get your rocks off for five seconds. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. 

I'm not encouraging it or exploiting anyone. 

If we extend the fame motive to 3-5 years or exchange fame for profit does it fundamentally change the question?  Keep twisting.

I have enough compassion and respect for human beings to understand what NFL football really is. 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

This dude is severely impaired, he isn’t a paid professional trying to minimize risk of injury. maybe we should have put him in a racing car for your sick enjoyment too. God you are a disgusting person who also doesn’t get nuance. Stay classy loser. 

Are you outraged yet?  Why don't you just go with "how would you feel if it was your son?!?!" and get it over with?

Go watch some videos of former NFL greats struggling to form coherent sentences or walk and get back to me.  Look up the average life expectancy of former NFL players.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

So, I shouldn't have laughed my ass off when I saw this vid?

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You can laugh but that makes you a bad person.  Watching a player get lit up on the football field, however, well that's COMPLETELY different.  Why is that completely different, you ask?   Well, because Rocbillsfan1's self-worth and need for outrage depends on it being completely different.

10 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Yea sorry I didn’t laugh my first thought was man I hope he’s ok, and second thought was wow what a bunch of losers egging this guy on to do this. Because like it’s not my body man why should I care if he breaks his neck and dies in front of me. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

You can laugh but that makes you a bad person.  Watching a player get lit up on the football field, however, well that's COMPLETELY different.  Why is that completely different, you ask?   Well, because Rocbillsfan1's self-worth and need for outrage depends on it being completely different.

Because it’s entirely different. That much is obvious. No one is playing the game of football in order to get hurt on purpose like the guy in the video. I guess you made your point though. Maybe you feel guilty about it which is why you keep insisting it’s the same thing. 

15 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Yea sorry I didn’t laugh my first thought was man I hope he’s ok, and second thought was wow what a bunch of losers egging this guy on to do this. Because like it’s not my body man why should I care if he breaks his neck and dies in front of me. 

So the exploitation is what bothers you?

13 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Because it’s entirely different. That much is obvious. No one is playing the game of football in order to get hurt on purpose like the guy in the video. I guess you made your point though. Maybe you feel guilty about it which is why you keep insisting it’s the same thing. 

The guy in the video isn't trying to harm himself.  

I have no guilt and no delusions about the violent sports I watch.

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What about NASCAR? Is that ok?

Count me in as another Bills fan who is "over" the table jumping. I was surprised no one went off the bridge and 90 feet down into the river yesterday.

Enough is enough. The team is looking like it will be good again, which means all this extra-curricular ***** we did to entertain ourselves can go away.