Bills fans table breaking needs to calm down

Virgil

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I can't speak to how the BillsMafia hashtag is viewed, since I have seen no credible data. But anecdotally, almost all of the negativity seems to be here and/or among Bills fans. Most everyone who I encounter down here who is savvy to it, always comment positively about Bills Mafia.

People associate the hashtag mostly with crazy stunts of drunk fans at Bills games. That's what gets the most traction. Whenever it comes up over here its usually something to do with insane behavior.

Make table breaking illegal! All jokes aside, let people do what they want to do with their body. How can you stop them? Even in Orchard Park police can’t stop someone from breaking a table on a private lot. Pretty sure there is no law against table breaking. You can get them for public intoxication but not on a private lot. You simply can’t wrap everyone in bubble wrap. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

People associate the hashtag mostly with crazy stunts of drunk fans at Bills games. That's what gets the most traction. Whenever it comes up over here its usually something to do with insane behavior.

I could easily counter "people associate the hashtag with fundraising and the passion of being a Bills fan". The truth is, NEITHER of us know what percentage of people think about certain aspects of the hashtag, without some quality research. Everything we think we think is just speculation.

If you get your perception from this forum, that might explain your takeaway. If you get your perception from dealing with the public in general, in a non-Bills centric atmosphere, you may come away with a different understanding.

And i throw up in my mouth a bit everytime I type "hashtag".

12 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Make table breaking illegal! All jokes aside, let people do what they want to do with their body. How can you stop them? Even in Orchard Park police can’t stop someone from breaking a table on a private lot. Pretty sure there is no law against table breaking. You can get them for public intoxication but not on a private lot. You simply can’t wrap everyone in bubble wrap. 

Nobody is suggesting a legislative solution. This behavior will end when people stop glorifying it. If there wasn't a crowd egging him on, with cell phones in hand to record the event, he wouldn't have done it.

Ultimately, he's responsible for his own actions. But that doesn't mean it's right to encourage such actions.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, uticaclub said:

He didn’t hurt anyone but himself. I’m not going to tell someone what they can and can’t do with their bodies when it doesn’t affect my life.

Encouraging someone to potentially do catastrophic damage to their bodies for your entertainment is pretty messed up. Maybe try thinking of that persons family or friends next time before you goat someone into seriously hurting themselves. It’s hard enough to watch football at times but at least their paid millions and have health insurance and great doctors. Giving attention to some idiot who could paralyze himself for this action is the definition of low class. 

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Nobody is suggesting a legislative solution. This behavior will end when people stop glorifying it. If there wasn't a crowd egging him on, with cell phones in hand to record the event, he wouldn't have done it.

There will always be drunk people at the games with cell phones. It’s one of those behaviors that can never be changed. 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Encouraging someone to potentially do catastrophic damage to their bodies for your entertainment is pretty messed up. Maybe try thinking of that persons family or friends next time before you goat someone into seriously hurting themselves. It’s hard enough to watch football at times but at least their paid millions and have health insurance and great doctors. Giving attention to some idiot who could paralyze himself for this action is the definition of low class. 

You mean like playing football?  Attending, watching, and supporting football?

• Like (+1) 1

i finally watched the video and it's simply amazing.  the crowd reaction after is perfect.  this one is right up there with the guy falling after sliding down the rail.  these are masterpieces people. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You mean like playing football?  Attending, watching, and supporting football?

If you can’t tell the difference between watching that video and football you are part of the problem. Stay classy. 

Also id like to add rooting for sports teams is about competing at the highest levels. No matter what sport you play there is also a chance on injury but no one is rooting for the injury. In this case everyone watching this person was indeed rooting for this person to be injured hence the your kind of a piece of ***** for encouraging this. There is no way this person doesn’t get hurt and sorry I don’t like watching people injure themselves on purpose for amusement. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

I loose a little more faith in humanity every time I see people taking glee in someone else getting seriously hurt by doing something that may be stupid, but without ill intent. 

It reminds me that despite how conspicuously compassionate we like to portray ourselves, a good many of us are mean-spirited ace holes who wallow in the misery & misfortune of others.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

If you can’t tell the difference between watching that video and football you are part of the problem. Stay classy. 

What is the difference?  Compensation?  Is the risk of injury necessarily higher than playing NFL football?

Break it down for me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Again sounds like you don’t like critical thinking much do you? 

Guy who has not a single argument to offer insults my intelligence??? This should be a cake walk for you and your obviously superior intelligence yet you have nothing.

How does it feel to get your ass handed to you by someone who lacks the faculties for critical thought?  Where does that leave you?

• Like (+1) 1