How do you tweak this roster for week 7 and beyond?

10 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

No...thats insane. 3 1st rounders? I will pass Ha! I understand that he is potentially an all world player, but considering his injury history and age (though some age differently) 1 1st rounder would be all that I would consider. If he has several good years left and the Bills are confident he can last...Its their call. It is not up to me...I don't feel anyone will give up that huge of a bounty. Looks like the Skins keep him. Thats it.

Rumors have it they have already passed up a 1st round offer for him. I imagine at some point they will get sick of not getting ANYTHING for him, so will put him on the market. But I can't see him going for simply one 1st round pick.

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm all for this.  We need another RB to hand the ball to while Motor is on the shelf.  They clearly don't trust Yeldon not to cough up the rock in traffic.

We also need another OL for depth.

Singletary probably could have played today. He'll be in the lineup after the break. 

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Rumors have it they have already passed up a 1st round offer for him. I imagine at some point they will get sick of not getting ANYTHING for him, so will put him on the market. But I can't see him going for simply one 1st round pick.

That is a good point. How long can they wait and hang on to an aging and disgruntled asset. Team needs and other priorities will eventually come calling. Classic start the bidding high. 

The most impactful thing they can do easily is change punters. It is a fairly easy change that can make the difference in a game. That should be priority one.

Short term they have to asses the injuries and see if they need to make shifts to their depth. Perfect timing for a bye as they got banged up in Smashville.

Long term they should scour the WR and DE/DT markets if a trade there makes sense. Those remain the team's biggest weaknesses (although the tackle position and Oline depth concerns me.)

6 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Giving up draft capital and taking on big contracts to augment the current roster would be the reason we don't get one or more Knox, Oliver, Singletary, Sweeney type players next year.  Not feeling it.

It has to be the right deal. I agree that a big time trade is unlikely but to augment a need with a 5th round pick isn't a waste of draft capital in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

would love Kern but not likely.

we have too many other problems right now to worry about bj, just have to ride this year out.

If you want to defend keeping bojo on the roster, this has got to be the weakest possible argument. 

I'm all for upgrading, but could understand an argument that his trajectory is trending upward.

Edited by NickelCity

11 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

If you want to defend keeping bojo on the roster, this has got to be the weakest possible argument. 

I'm all for upgrading, but could understand an argument that his trajectory is trending upward.

A better argument for keeping Bojo is---well, who else better is available? If there is one, by all means sign him (or her).  The reason he remains on the team is the lack of reliable punters on the current market. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Singletary can't play or gets hurt again we need something more at RB. Gore is good for some short yardage and grinding out some minutes at the end of the game but shouldn't be the starting RB. 

I don't get this sentiment.  If Singletary can't get healthy, then the Bills need the extra body at RB, but I don't see a problem in having Gore starting.  He's averaging 4.4 YPC, he's got 3 runs of 20+ (only Cook and Fournette have more), and he's got 1 40+ run (only Cook, Fournette and McCaffery) have more.  He's doing everything you can ask for from a starting RB.  In fact, he's facing more 8 man boxes than any other RB in the league...so he's clearly feared by other teams and helping the passing game by pulling defenders up to the line.  I just don't know what you expect from him. 

Hope to get guys healthy. On defense, I wouldn’t change a thing.

On offense I would tone down al the empty backfields and incorporate more play actions and bootlegs to get Allen on the move for easy completions. Once Singletary gets back i’d use him more in the screen game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Estro said:

A healthy Singletary is getting 12-15 touches a game

A healthy Robert Foster should get 3-4 targets a game, hopefully 1 or 2 of them being a deep shot (which has painfully been missing)

increase Dawson Knox's usage

It feels like a lost season for Foster.........turf toe from OTA's thru camp and now a groin injury...........he's had one good half season in the past 6 years.

5 hours ago, Magox said:

This Yeldon hate on the board is strange.

Aside from that fumble he has been a productive overall back.

TSW must have its whipping boys.  Apparently everyone else has former rushing champs in the #3 RB spot.  :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

You know of a better punter we can get ?? If so why dont you tell Beane all about it.

7 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Why? Yeldon has done fine outside of the one fumble. Yeldon has actually started and played in the league. Murphy is a 27 year old bouncing around on practice squads, he doesnt block. The only positive Murphy has on yeldon is that he can return punts.

He is a better runner, watch some film before posting blindly

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It feels like a lost season for Foster.........turf toe from OTA's thru camp and now a groin injury...........he's had one good half season in the past 6 years.

He has only been a pro for 2 seasons lol.  You are drunk/ or in drugs and need help, please get help

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

Diggs would make us division contenders.  I would take Green instead of Diggs because he is cheaper but Diggs has a long term contract and youth. We need more playmakers if we seriously want to score more. Counting on Foster and Duke isn’t not going to cut it against Pats and KC. I don’t think we need OL unless we could get Trent Williams for less than a first rounder, otherwise isn’t not enough of an upgrade.