with one full season under his belt, how do you feel about our QB?

BuffAlone

8 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

I'm not going to complain about the pick.. It wasn't his fault.... Yeldon stopped instead of continuing his route causing the pick

It was a broken play though. All bets are pretty much off on what the players are predictably going to do at that point. Part of the reason why those throws are risky.  But I don't fault Allen simply because I know it is in his nature to always try to make a play. I expect that out of him and know that it is that mentality that makes him great. He'll probably average at least one boneheaded play per game this year and I'll be fine with that. He's got six on the season now I think? 3 in the patriots game, 2 in the Bengals game and 1 in today's game.

3 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

Yeah, you kind of wonder how the teams Taylor led would have fared with this defense. Somehow I have to think the Bills would have made the playoffs each year.

I have thought it many times, but the TBD hate will flow, get ready lol

I look at Josh as exactly who we expected.  A very strong armed and athletic qb who would require more time to develop then most qbs. I agreed with most of the pundits about his future.  High ceiling but high risk. Josh is right on schedule.  He will continue to make mistakes but they will gradually lessen. His completion % is already alot higher than anyone dreamed it would early in season 2. This is a 3 season development. He'll be just fine once he figures things out.

4 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

Yeah, you kind of wonder how the teams Taylor led would have fared with this defense. Somehow I have to think the Bills would have made the playoffs each year.

Tyrod Taylor already rode on the defenses backs to a playoff birth. Not hard to imagine he could do it again. A lot of QBs could come in and be mediocre and still win with the Bills D. 

The defense played well enough for the team to win that playoff birth. 

Edited by Lfod

His accuracy is better than expected. His long balls and team approach to throwing deep is worse than I expected. His running is better than expected. His tendency to make bad decisions is right about where I expect it to be after 16 games. The number one surprise is his cool calm demeanor at the end of games. I haven’t seen it in a Bills QB in a long long time. He expects us to pull it out and our team knows it. That matters!

Just now, prissythecat said:

EJ's struggles had little to do with Marrone

Some people have said they were playing it cautious with Allen in terms of concussion, but the GOING INTO THE HALF THING WITH 3 TIMEOUTS AND 49 SECS reminded me of marrone. It was a further opportunity to develop allen

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I look at Josh as exactly who we expected.  A very strong armed and athletic qb who would require more time to develop then most qbs. I agreed with most of the pundits about his future.  High ceiling but high risk. Josh is right on schedule.  He will continue to make mistakes but they will gradually lessen. His completion % is already alot higher than anyone dreamed it would early in season 2. This is a 3 season development. He'll be just fine once he figures things out.

I think the first 16 games have shown that Allen has a significantly higher floor than we were led to believe going into the draft.  He has already proven that he is not Jamarcus Russell, which was one of the unflattering comparison points at the time.  His floor is more like "low-quality starter."  Obviously his ceiling is way higher than that, but the downside risk was blown way out of proportion.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, KD in CA said:

9-7 I believe.  Tyrod fans must be over the moon with Josh, as I recall the phrases 'record as a starter' and 'winning record' used to be peppered throughout discussions here.

On the coaching record, I really miss whoever kept the running win pct of all post-Marv coaches in his signature line.

don't forget BEST 4th QRT ratings in the NFL  (with a 7+ point lead) 

20 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

6 Game winning drives in 16 career games per WGR 550 post-game host.

4 Fourth QRT, come from behind winning drives and 6 Game winning drives in 16 career games

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

They would lose 10-3 to the jags in a playoff game.  

Hard pass 

• Awesome! (+1) 1