with one full season under his belt, how do you feel about our QB?

BuffAlone

Best upside: this season he has 3 game winning drives in 4th quarter in 4 full games (all wins). For me this clutch trait is more important for QB than yards and td/ints. Fitz and Tyrod had the same 3 together during several seasons (I haven't checked, just feeling). 

Biggest downside: no accurate long throws for 30-50 yards. That's worrying me.

At all I love him, he is interesting to watch. I wait for games every Sunday with confidence he can fight the win out. Last years all our Qbs choked in last minutes of the even games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

If you don't want to count today as a 4th quarter comeback, then he has 4. too many int's, but a gutsy performance time and time again.  Question is, how would you say Josh is doing after 16 games as a starter? Is he The Man moving forward??

The BIlls never trailed in the game how can it be a comeback?

16 games in he is what everyone thought he would be. He is much more dynamic than TT but far more turnover prone.  He is far better in the short to intermediate passing game than he was a year ago.  He is fine.  He is slower than some rookies in reading defenses.  Some guys just process faster.  But few players in the league have his arm strength.  We will know more by the end of the year.  I'm not convinced he is an All-pro QB yet, but he is progressing just fine.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Someone less lazy than me- what’s his record in 16?

also, shoutout to McD who is above .500 as Bills coach!

9-7 I believe.  Tyrod fans must be over the moon with Josh, as I recall the phrases 'record as a starter' and 'winning record' used to be peppered throughout discussions here.

On the coaching record, I really miss whoever kept the running win pct of all post-Marv coaches in his signature line.

Through 16 games it looks like ... apologies for any errors, quick search.

Passing Stats

271/483 = 56%

3,196 yards

6.53 avg

15 TD

19 INT

Rushing Stats

130 attempts

789 rushing yards

6.06 avg

11 TD

4 lost fumbles

Total through 16 games

3,985 total yards

26 total TD's

23 total turnovers

9-7 record as a starter

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I hope the fans and coaches give him room to grow. He is going to have some more bad games but every line trends upwards and we all knew he was a project. 

Today's game showed him learning the lessons of taking care of himself. I also loved the throws at WRs feet on blown up plays. Very Bradylike and I've never seen him do that before. 

• Like (+1) 1

Today once again proved that he is a franchise qb. 

Go for big fish, sooner or later you’ll land a whale. 

We have landed our franchise whale. Our outlook is bright. 

Edited by Chill

Think the Int's will get better with time, though he'll always be somewhat of a gunslinger which isn't the worst problem to have so likely he'll always have more Int's than others.   His completion percentage is much better than expected so far and he can make throws very few others can make.   He's also seems to be well liked by his team mates too and seems to be good as a leader .

I am happy with him although he’s got some more maturing to do. The good news is he’s still young and learning on the fly. Hopefully, with more experience he will cut down on the int’s. Now, do I think he will be elite like Aaron Rodgers? No, not yet but he can be still be very good. I would like to see a string of 300 yard games from him. I will be highly disappointed if he doesn’t throw over 300 against the Dolphins. 

50 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

Through 16 games it looks like ... apologies for any errors, quick search.

Passing Stats

271/483 = 56%

3,196 yards

6.53 avg

15 TD

19 INT

Rushing Stats

130 attempts

789 rushing yards

6.06 avg

11 TD

4 lost fumbles

Total through 16 games

3,985 total yards

26 total TD's

23 total turnovers

9-7 record as a starter

What's that QB Rating for those stats?!  

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

I am happy with him although he’s got some more maturing to do. The good news is he’s still young and learning on the fly. Hopefully, with more experience he will cut down on the int’s. Now, do I think he will be elite like Aaron Rodgers? No, not yet but he can be still be very good. I would like to see a string of 300 yard games from him. I will be highly disappointed if he doesn’t throw over 300 against the Dolphins. 

Got to see one game like that to get an idea of what he can do on a consistent good day, where he hits a couple longer ones.

• Like (+1) 1

some of the great ones took some time to develop, some more then 16 games. too soon to say but he still has plenty of room to improve. he's not a quitter and he plays hard.

I'd rather wait until the end of the season to see where he and the team are and even then it'll likely take another season for him to begin to show the true signs of a franchise QB?

• Like (+1) 1