with one full season under his belt, how do you feel about our QB?

BuffAlone

55 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

If you don't want to count today as a 4th quarter comeback, then he has 4. too many int's, but a gutsy performance time and time again.  Question is, how would you say Josh is doing after 16 games as a starter? Is he The Man moving forward??

He is for the near future.

I find it hard to know yet if he's the franchise QB guy for the future. 

Keep playing.

Someone on the radio made a good point

(On allen) HE HAS THE TENDENCY TO BREATH LIFE INTO THE OPPOSITION WITH HIS PICKS. This is so true for me.

He was good today mostly (kept chains moving, bounced back on TD winning drive, went through progressions, plays well when it 'matters' on drives)

but the above IS A PROBLEM.

Let's continue to see the good, not seeing any GREAT plays to outway these momentum shifts so the jury is still out.

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

If you don't want to count today as a 4th quarter comeback, then he has 4. too many int's, but a gutsy performance time and time again.  Question is, how would you say Josh is doing after 16 games as a starter? Is he The Man moving forward??

Stats to your post please...!!!

Today was a really critical game for Allen. I wanted to see how he'd respond to the awful outing against NE. Besides the one pick, he did pretty much everything right. He wasn't "spectacular," but he played smart, efficient football. I believe the big plays will come, so I'm really zeroing in on the efficiency aspect of his game. He's had more ups than downs in that department, and that's all you can ask. His stock is rising in my book even if the stats are run of the mill. He's got to stop taking the big hits though, or he's gonna be unavailable sooner rather than later. 

It's kind of odd in a sense that the naysayers(myself included) are more impressed with his progression than the cockeyed optimists. I suppose that depends on how you choose to view it and where your opinion began.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

I feel like he has come a long way since his first half of games last season.  I also feel like he has a long way to go.  It will come with time.  He is just a kid that didn't play in a big program, so naturally he will have more learning to do.  Im actually pretty happy with his play. He was pretty bad last week, but in all the other games he had a lot of good with the bad.  

Josh Allen will be fine, just give it time. Some of his base behaviors are in his dna, we will have to live with that part, but with more game experience he can only get  better. He took a huge stride in just one week already.

Today he played conservatively, slid, threw the ball away, and won. 

He had nice touch on many of his shorter throws. 

Long throws weren’t part of the game, and that has been part of his skill set that needs work. Jury is still out. 

In general, I’m more optimistic that he is finally learning to take what’s available, and that trying to be a hero can and/or will backfire.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I was so PO'ed at him when he threw the INT, but he found a way to persevere today. He's made a habit out of that. So, there is that.

Shouldnt have thrown that. That said the receivers looked confused. I wonder if someone ran in the way of a route.

Edited by fansince88

Just now, fansince88 said:

Shouldnt have thrown that. That said the receivers looked confused. I think someone ran in the way of a route.

The point is the BOOST it seems to give the opposition. Its weird the titans looked like a different team as soon as they got that.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh hasn't had a great game yet this year.  He's had some great 4th quarters but not a great full game.  He's played 1 full season now, so I would expect more consistency and working towards a full game.  He's still going to throw a bad interception in games but like today, Bills had a first down play and then a penalty and its 3rd and 5 and Josh tries to force the ball.  He will probably do that in games.  Still not happy with the Bills receivers.  Every week I see great receiver play in the NFL but not many on the Bills. 

Awesome kid and learning his craft,

Today was another step forward,

He loves Buffalo and his teammates love him we need to get behind this young man and hitch our wagons to him.

He is the real deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

They’ve made him a better qb, numbers wise, by reeling him in but they have also made him a less interesting and less dynamic qb by reeling him in.

weird.  We are winning more and he is better, but I get the sense that teams are less and less worried about him.

...I would so love for him to hit a 70 yarder and smack back at that recent perception about him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

They’ve made him a better qb, numbers wise, by reeling him in but they have also made him a less interesting and less dynamic qb by reeling him in.

weird.  We are winning more and he is better, but I get the sense that teams are less and less worried about him.

...I would so love for him to hit a 70 yarder and smack back at that recent perception about him.

This is true. You know what Allen needs.. he needs ONE game where he hits alot of these big plays that he has done occasionally, all at once. Maybe the dolphins game..

• Awesome! (+1) 1