with one full season under his belt, how do you feel about our QB?

BuffAlone

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

He's going to be one of the best players in football in a couple of seasons. Just needs to process things a little bit faster out there. 

He Will, too many people want greatness immediately. QB position is the hardest to learn and he was very raw when he came out, as you said its going to be a couple of seasons.

he is improving.  Sure the Pats* game was a step back for him but overall he is getting better.

He has a strong arm, he is extremely athletic and can run, he has strong leadership skills … he just needs to clean up the turnovers and not try to do it all. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2

He scaled back the aggressiveness today, showing that he's willing to learn from his mistakes and change his game a little. But he didn't go into a shell either, showing that he's still got the fire.

Yes, he's the man. He needs to improve, but he's shown signs that he can and will.

• Like (+1) 5

I'm a huge fan, I just need him to STOP THROWING ROLL OUT SCRAMBLES INTO PICKS!!!!  

Honestly, that and not setting his feet sometimes is basically it.  I'd have him just not throw the ball on roll outs (to the right particularly) if there are two defenders in the vicinity.

15 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

If you don't want to count today as a 4th quarter comeback, then he has 4. too many int's, but a gutsy performance time and time again.  Question is, how would you say Josh is doing after 16 games as a starter? Is he The Man moving forward??

Best plays today from Josh was throwing the ball away way there was nothing there,  yes he made one huge mistake but showed improvement in not trying to force it.  Also think our WR'S sometimes play to close together which makes them easy to defend because more traffic of players from opponent.  At least one WR needs to release down the field and i did not see that on a few coverage sacks.

Not as confident about him as I was two or three weeks ago. Worried about his continued tendency to throw stupid interceptions, the failure to slide enough, his growing inability (or insecurity) to throw the long hall and apparently his inability to see and process the whole field, thus not seeing open receivers enough. Fingers crossed though.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He continues to make the same mistakes after having seen how detrimental they are and undoubtedly having been coached over and over about them.  That's a significant concern.  The pick today should have been a throw away, as so many of his picks should have been (the replay of the interception today, however, showed two receivers open, which certainly raises questions).  If there's nothing there, accept it and don't risk losing a game like last weeks and possibly todays..  He never slid early last year and started doing so later, having clearly been coached to do it.  This year, until today, he was no longer sliding.  It will be a step forward if he doesn't revert back again to not sliding.  Today his footwork was better.  But how will it be in future games?  It should be a few steps forward and fewer steps back for Allen on a consistent basis.  The formula is still a work in progress; so the jury's still out for me on Josh.

• Like (+1) 2