Bills Mafia > Titans fans

Herc11

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think I will, yes.  The tailgate is a better experience than the game itself.  I enjoy reaching into a cooler and grabbing a beer whenever I want to.  I don't much enjoy having to wait for a bartender to finally come my way, then having to pay them every time I want a beer.

I also enjoy all of the great food options at tailgates.  Food that's made by fellow fans.

So .. .yeah ... I guess I do got a problem with it, mijo.

That's a problem, and a result of the Bills sucking for 20 years.

The game should be the best, and most important part. It will mean less knuckleheads jumping through tables and finding ways to drink themselves into stupors because no one in the stadium cares about the actual game.

Would LOVE to go back to when the craziness played 2nd fiddle to the actual game.

Maybe start your own tailgating league? :nana:

And besides, even with the big crowd, it was always easy to get a drink. Especially when you buy them in 5-bottle buckets at a time. :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We didnt stay long either, but we did walk through on way to hotel. Way more packed, looked like a blast.

yea..i stayed like the true knucklehead that i am!!! we were at Luke Bryans till about 6:30, then out to dinner, then i was in bed by  8:30. Youngins i was with hit it hard to 1am!!!

Bar was kicking when we left at 6:30

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The game should be the best, and most important part. It will mean less knuckleheads jumping through tables and finding ways to drink themselves into stupors because no one in the stadium cares about the actual game.

Would LOVE to go back to when the craziness played 2nd fiddle to the actual game.

And besides, even with the big crowd, it was always easy to get a drink. Especially when you buy them in 5-bottle buckets at a time. :thumbsup:

Tailgating is hands down the best part of the day seeing old friends, family and a great game every year. Bar hopping wasting even more $$$ on top of ticket prices is lame, I can do that the night before or after the game.

Nothing beats reaching into that damn ice chest for beer after beer for pennies on the dollar. Eating different food plates of all varieties is also amazing. 

To all their own, but Gugny summed it up perfect to me.

What do you think is going to happen at tailgating parties when the Bills start playing Elite and winning huge games? You think it's nuts now it's going to be truly insane in all honesty. Clinch the Division this year or next and the goal posts are coming down. 

I have no clue what will happen to the city of Buffalo if the Bills win a Superbowl but have a feeling the town will get turned upside down.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea..i stayed like the true knucklehead that i am!!! we were at Luke Bryans till about 6:30, then out to dinner, then i was in bed by  8:30. Youngins i was with hit it hard to 1am!!!

Bar was kicking when we left at 6:30

We walked thru downtown, then ubered to the Gulch for the late games. My son left about 6:00 to catch his flight home, and I went to dinner and some (quieter) live music by Vandy. He texted a little after 10:00pm when he landed. I think he was checking up on me! LOL (Wise boy!)  I let him know all was well, and I was enjoying the music. 

All things considered, it was a blast! As has been mentioned, I won’t say better or worse......just different....and yes....more expensive...I get that. I may only hit a couple games a year, so it’s those Monopoly Money/Vacation Dollars to me. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Tailgating is hands down the best part of the day seeing old friends, family and a great game every year. Bar hopping wasting even more $$$ on top of ticket prices is silly.

To all their own, but Gungy summed it up perfect. 

What do you think is going to happen at tailgating parties when the Bills start playing Elite winning huge games? You think it's nuts now it's going to be truly insane in all honesty. 

I have no clue what will happen to the city of Buffalo if the Bills win a Superbowl but have a feeling the town will get torn upside down.

All fair enough points. But...

I typically spend well over $100 on tailgating supplies every game. This entire weekend, I spent $50 at the bars. Maybe $100 total if I add in food. It's a wash on price really.

When the Bills start winning, the football fans will come back and replace the "frat kids" that attend games now. The people who get blackout drunk and dont even make it into the game. When the Bills are good, the fans will want to stay sober enough to actually see the game.

The trend of "crazy" tailgating only started when we needed to come up with a reason to go since no one wanted to watch the team. Sure, people always drank and had a good time, but not at the current levels of debauchery until the 2000s.

Ha, winning the Super Bowl is a whole different mess. When we do, I'll be up there to loot and riot as well :devil::thumbsup:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

All fair enough points. But...

I typically spend well over $100 on tailgating supplies every game. This entire weekend, I spent $50 at the bars. Maybe $100 total if I add in food. It's a wash on price really.

When the Bills start winning, the football fans will come back and replace the "frat kids" that attend games now. The people who get blackout drunk and dont even make it into the game. When the Bills are good, the fans will want to stay sober enough to actually see the game.

The trend of "crazy" tailgating only started when we needed to come up with a reason to go since no one wanted to watch the team. Sure, people always drank and had a good time, but not at the current levels of debauchery until the 2000s.

Ha, winning the Super Bowl is a whole different mess. When we do, I'll be up there to loot and riot as well :devil::thumbsup:

I guess this works as a traveling fan and I would try it. However, when back in Orchard Park my ass will be planted in the California lot like I always am every opener. 

These kids that don't no how to drink will never stop IMO if the team is good or bad. 

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I guess this works as a traveling fan and I would try it. However, when back in Orchard Park my ass will be planted in the California lot like I always am every opener. 

These kids that don't no how to drink will never stop IMO if the team is good or bad. 

You'll be lonely while the rest of us are in the bars around the new downtown stadium ? :nana:

And the "frat kids" I refer to include the 30-40+somethings that are just as guilty. I blame the Canadians.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You'll be lonely while the rest of us are in the bars around the new downtown stadium ? :nana:

And the "frat kids" I refer to include the 30-40+somethings that are just as guilty. I blame the Canadians.

Hell yeah Blame Canada!

104425614-Screen_Shot_2017-04-25_at_1.56

south-park-7005.jpg

They better have some lawn for my fold out chair downtown.

Edited by Real McCoy

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm too old for crazy.  It's just a great/rare chance for me to spend time with friends from all over the country.  Don't get me wrong ... I love the game.  I just cherish friendships more.

I suppose we could all agree to meet at the same watering hole every year.  Still won't be the same.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I'm too old for crazy.  It's just a great/rare chance for me to spend time with friends from all over the country.  Don't get me wrong ... I love the game.  I just cherish friendships more.

I suppose we could all agree to meet at the same watering hole every year.  Still won't be the same.

We all met up with a ton of friends from all over at the bar, and best part was no one had to cook, no one had to clean up, no one was responsible or distracted by anything other than hanging out with friends and family.

It definitely wont be the same as the "good ol Ralph lots", but after experiencing the other side, it really wasnt that bad or that big of a difference. I was surprised.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

We all met up with a ton of friends from all over at the bar, and best part was no one had to cook, no one had to clean up, no one was responsible or distracted by anything other than hanging out with friends and family.

It definitely wont be the same as the "good ol Ralph lots", but after experiencing the other side, it really wasnt that bad or that big of a difference. I was surprised.

That's encouraging to hear.  I hope it takes a long time before I have to find out, though!

Nashville is a great city but the Titans are one of the most forgettable teams in pro sports.  I don’t blame their fans for not paying attention to them.  

By the way, most fanbases love us.  But if we ever get good consistency, they will start to hate us. ?

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been to about 8-9 other stadiums, mix of both tailgate friendly & bar hopping / downtown type setups. The bar hopping is fun as a novelty or once a year type thing when it’s an away game, but give me my tailgate for a home game 10 times out of 10. Is it a lot of work sometimes, especially as an out of state season ticket holder? Hell yes. Is it worth all the work? Hell yes. 

• Like (+1) 1