Zay Jones - Snaps Today

wppete

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He was also wide open a number of times, including more open than Smith when he caught a TD.  No WR always gets separation, so I think he was quite good today.  And Titans have a legit D too, so wasn’t shocking they didn’t give up a lot today to ya either.  He also made several important blocks that resulted in our runners gaining more yards.  

He was quite good. 

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Just too many excuses given to this guy and most likely only reason why he made the team this year was because he was a Beane 2nd rounder

Beane wasn’t our gm when he was drafted, he was still part of the panthers front office 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I hope McD learns that leaning trusting someone who was a college WR coach the year previous is not a solid way of selecting players.  

Taking Z. Jones tells me that he had no trust in Whaley or his staff and banked on a coach he hired to help him make decisions.  Bad idea.  

I hope moving forward McD learns his lesson and has the people to advise in personnel to get it right, because this team still needs significant (Edit: WR) help.  

Still, nice to see a better passing game today. 

McDermott has learned but you still want to work with a player as long as you have him. That said Zay needs to go , maybe some other team really liked him in college and thinks a change of scenery will turn him around and we can get something for him.

We can keep him on the roster as long as there is some breathing room there.  He really doesn't have any trade value, except that maybe some 0-4 type team might give us a 6th or 7th round pick for him as a long shot beat that he comes to life.   I understand that the 2020 draft has good quality in QB and WR.  Maybe 5 QB and 10 WR with possible 1st round grades?   We might use another 2nd round pick (with a lower draft pick to sweeten the deal and move up some picks) to go for a WR.  (1st round pick is for a top LB or DE).

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

What are you guys (collectively) going to do if / when Zay is released?  30 more pages of why?   

We all know why. 

LET IT GO!!!!!  

Is this the part where you apologize for being wrong about Zay ? 

Stop yelling.   You don’t make the rules.  

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

:blink:   

Pretend that there are people out here that have no idea what that is.  (for whatever reason, AM no coffee etc) 

If this isn't a troll post, would you care to provide background?  

Are you a cop ? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This was great stuff.  Kudos to Zay and it obviously was moving and important to Duke to feel that love and support.

Adding in text for those who can't or don't follow

Duke on Zay:

Williams said he and Jones shared another special moment earlier in the day, prior to kickoff.

“Zay prayed for me before the game,” Williams said. “He held me and prayed for me, so he’s always in my ear and he’s always telling me how to do things, and this is a big credit to him. Me and Zay, we’re tight. And he’s a good man.”

Williams, once an outcast few believed in, was suddenly the one offering encouragement.

“I like Zay. I continue to learn from him. I continue to learn from everybody else in the room,” Williams said. “We’re all a team. We’re all one. So that’s what it’s about.

“Zay’s still playing a big part, and we need him, and we love him.”

Zay on Duke:

Jones barely played and wasn’t targeted, but said he was proud of Williams after the game.

“Someone who has came through so much and has worked his tail off to be in this position,” Jones said, “and then have it pay off, and being able to celebrate with his teammates, everyone here is proud of him. It was an awesome thing to see. You can’t say enough about a guy who’s really done everything right. He’s really deserving of it. The guy, he’s a great football player and everyone’s really excited for him.”

Jones was unsure what Williams’ success meant for his role with the team moving forward.

“I just do my job, you know? That’s all I can do,” Jones said. “But we just won, so I’m just going to enjoy that.”

To which I have to say, Thank God the pettiness and "knives out" attitude we see here seems absent from the Bills WR room.

I could be wrong, but I think those waiting for Zay to be kicked to the curb and cut may be disappointed.  There's no question the coaching staff looked at Zay's performance last week and said ""let's give the next man a try".   But we don't have such great WR depth that I see us parting ways for nothing or for an old bag of gym socks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1