Zay Jones - Snaps Today

wppete

There were a lot of excuses made for Zay last week. Allen isn't throwing the ball accurately to him, Allen isn't seeing him open, just look at the QBs he's had throwing him the ball, etc.

Then Duke comes in and easily catches all 4 of his targets including a TD pass. No one needs to make any excuses for him.

Obviously the offense's woes this year haven't been entirely on Zay but something about him just wasn't clicking on the field.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Zay Jones offers nothing.  He has no future in Buffalo.  

He is basically the “EJ Manuel” of WR’s...

13 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Cut him or trade him.

Trade him for a waterboy

I’d rather trade him for a pair of dirty panties...but that’s just me...?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't want to pile on, but that catch by Duke in the end zone... I feel like I have seen that same pass go through or bounce off Zay's hands. 

Or I have seen him contort, dive, or go down for passes that were catchable if he keeps running the route and snags them with his hands.

Josh throws a hard ball, and I think Zay is more of a trap the ball kind of receiver. He would have more success with a QB with less arm and more timing throws.

Just don't think he is a good fit for the kind of QB we have.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I don't want to pile on, but that catch by Duke in the end zone... I feel like I have seen that same pass go through or bounce off Zay's hands. 

Or I have seen him contort, dive, or go down for passes that were catchable if he keeps running the route and snags them with his hands.

Josh throws a hard ball, and I think Zay is more of a trap the ball kind of receiver. He would have more success with a QB with less arm and more timing throws.

Just don't think he is a good fit for the kind of QB we have.

Duke made more plays today than I recall Zay ever making. He was a huge target on that TD. I guarantee they are going to be using him a lot more.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Chill said:

Duke is a huge upgrade. 

Very first pass to Duke, 2nd offensive play of the game.  Caught the ball near the line of scrimmage, had 2 tacklers right there.  somehow ducked and kept churning with his feet and got maybe 3-4 yds - not a huge number but I remember thinking "wow, that's different, to have a WR who can make some yards out of nothing."

23 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Zay might rebound don’t put a fork in him yet.

I'd just like to point out to folks that McDermott did something similar to Foster last year.  Foster was actually on the roster our first 6 games and not doing very much.

Got benched, cut, and sent to the Practice Squad.  4 games later re-signed and lit the place up.

I don't know if that would happen with Zay but he's certainly gotten a message.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Duke has a 100% catch percentage ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Now I hope Beane gets rid of him quickly (hopefully he can get something for him).   This must be pretty tough for him, and I cant imagine Zay’s attitude is going to be so great... if he is potentially going to be a cancer now, gotta get him out of the locker room.  

Eating crow. Posted the above before I saw how Zay handled the news... good for Zay. Hope he keeps his head up. 

Edited by Playoffs?

There have been very few times that I wanted to see players fail, KB and AB I did not mind seeing the crash and burn....

There are times when certain players are just not a good fit, and I think with Zay he may never realize his potential in this offense and will likely never live up to the draft reach - it happens. In another system with a different QB and scheme maybe it works better for him.