10/6/2019 Bills @Titans post game thread

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For the love of all that is good, can we please stop minimizing ranch dressing on wings (and pizza.)  You all have no idea what you're missing.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Read Sal M article in the D&C calling this a laughable, sloppy game. I don’t get that— I thought this was a hard fought defensive battle. 

I do not read Sal M. He is generally clueless.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't believe anyone is bitching about this game!  And please enough with the "if they made their FG's we would have lost".  Yea and if a goose flew over and pooped on Mariota's head he may have thrown a pick 6.

This was a huge win for the Bills.  To beat a playoff contender on the road is always great.  To see this team keep it together after losing several key players as the game unfolded is encouraging.  This IS a playoff team.

The D looked fantastic.  Edmunds played another great game.  He is close to taking over games at the middle LB spot.

Josh Allen is the guy.  I no longer have a doubt.  Sure he'll have bad throws and make some head scratching decisions.  But to bounce back and play the solid game he did after last week is another example of the intangibles this kid has.  The other stuff he will learn with experience.  And I believe that in 16 starts this is the SIXTH time he has directed GAME WINNING (either from behind or when we were tied) 4th Quarter scoring drives.  

And Duke was a revelation.  Not only did he make plays but you can see how much bigger he is then our other WR's and how important that size is.  As the season unfolds Dabold will find new ways to use him and both Beasley & Brown will benefit from his presence on the field.

And don't underestimate how impressive that last drive was to run out the clock.  With 2 starters out on the O-line and a rushing attack that had done NOTHING through 3 & 3/4 of the game to come out and get four straight 1st downs at the end to salt the game away was impressive.  This is what playoff teams do. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

There are many to convert.  

I’m only 90 min south of buffalo. Blue cheese isn’t a thing here. 

Decisions on where to eat amongst groups quite literally hinge on which bars are making the best ranch..... the ranch game is real, man. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I can't believe anyone is bitching about this game!  And please enough with the "if they made their FG's we would have lost".  Yea and if a goose flew over and pooped on Mariota's head he may have thrown a pick 6.

This was a huge win for the Bills.  To beat a playoff contender on the road is always great.  To see this team keep it together after losing several key players as the game unfolded is encouraging.  This IS a playoff team.

The D looked fantastic.  Edmunds played another great game.  He is close to taking over games at the middle LB spot.

Josh Allen is the guy.  I no longer have a doubt.  Sure he'll have bad throws and make some head scratching decisions.  But to bounce back and play the solid game he did after last week is another example of the intangibles this kid has.  The other stuff he will learn with experience.  And I believe that in 16 starts this is the SIXTH time he has directed GAME WINNING (either from behind or when we were tied) 4th Quarter scoring drives.  

And Duke was a revelation.  Not only did he make plays but you can see how much bigger he is then our other WR's and how important that size is.  As the season unfolds Dabold will find new ways to use him and both Beasley & Brown will benefit from his presence on the field.

And don't underestimate how impressive that last drive was to run out the clock.  With 2 starters out on the O-line and a rushing attack that had done NOTHING through 3 & 3/4 of the game to come out and get four straight 1st downs at the end to salt the game away was impressive.  This is what playoff teams do. 

Right on, on all accounts. This was a playoff-style win. It’s how we are going to have to beat good teams. Play smart; make key plays late.

Gore running out the clock was as sweet as it gets too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Read Sal M article in the D&C calling this a laughable, sloppy game. I don’t get that— I thought this was a hard fought defensive battle. 

Kinda what they all say about defensive battles. 

19 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

My God this guy is a total loser.  What a hack.  I think I would jump off the Golden gate Bridge if I had to read his crap all the time.  He is the most depressing sports writer I have ever read.  Thank goodness this worthless  piece of crap isn't syndicated.

Frankly I loath this guy.  There is no excuse for a sports beat writer to be this negative.  How does this candidate for a lithium fix have a job with the democrat & Chronicle?  Has Rochester deteriorate that much? 

Today's game had so much to get excited about.  A huge road win against a team we may be directly competing with for a playoff spot.  Our young QB bounces back from a nasty injury/terrible game.  The D continues to play at a playoff level.  A new guy on the O makes a big splash and it's a great story to boot.  Bills fans take over the stadium!  I mean Judas Priest if I owned the D&C this guy would be writing obituaries.  Wait, scratch that.  It would b cruel to have him write those as one can only imagine how badly he would trash the recently deceased.

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

There are many to convert.  

Listen ranch is fine but it is not better than blue cheese and ranch on pizza is dumb unless it is like chicken bacon ranch pizza which is also dumb. 

And I mean that in the nicest way. 

Edited by Big C
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m only 90 min south of buffalo. Blue cheese isn’t a thing here. 

Decisions on where to eat amongst groups quite literally hinge on which bars are making the best ranch..... the ranch game is real, man. 

There have always been a lot of peasants in this world....?

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My God this guy is a total loser.  What a hack.  I think I would jump off the Golden gate Bridge if I had to read his crap all the time.  He is the most depressing sports writer I have ever read.  Thank goodness this worthless  piece of crap isn't syndicated.

Frankly I loath this guy.  There is no excuse for a sports beat writer to be this negative.  How does this candidate for a lithium fix have a job with the democrat & Chronicle?  Has Rochester deteriorate that much? 

Today's game had so much to get excited about.  A huge road win against a team we may be directly competing with for a playoff spot.  Our young QB bounces back from a nasty injury/terrible game.  The D continues to play at a playoff level.  A new guy on the O makes a big splash and it's a great story to boot.  Bills fans take over the stadium!  I mean Judas Priest if I owned the D&C this guy would be writing obituaries.  Wait, scratch that.  It would b cruel to have him write those as one can only imagine how badly he would trash the recently deceased.

Sal has become Rochester’s Jerry Sullivan. Guy used to be measured and had reasonable takes. Not anymore; all gloom and doom. 

• Like (+1) 1