10/6/2019 Bills @Titans post game thread

Since the beginning of the 2018 season, the Bills have the league’s best defense in terms of yards given up per game and that includes the clunkers vs. the Ravens and Chargers to begin the 2018 season. 

Two words: for real. 

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, klos63 said:

They did take 2 Titan TD's off the board.

Phantom holding on Lewan on the first drive negated a big play.

it was not phantom holding on Lewan, you are looking at the play like the announcer was "Hughes wasnt going to get to Mariota"..... thats not why the holding call was called. Hughes stopped rushing and went to cover the RB leaking in the flat, and lewan clearly had his hand around hughes holding not letting him release to flat to mark receiver.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Disagree! He was good today. 

Josh did enough today.  He also played a lot smarter; threw the ball away when nothing was there, slid on runs, and didn't try the hero ball.  Only problem was the dumb pick...I had no idea who he was throwing it to.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the kicker makes those 3 FGs, and we go for the FG instead of going on 4th, we still win by 1.

Which is exactly how much we won by the last two times we played the Tennessee Mariotas. 

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So we have a good D that gave them fits.  They have a good D and gave us fits.  But for some reason it means our D is good but our O is bad.

People around here are unbelievable

are people not aware that our defense is better than our offense, I thought this was a known thing. I mean realistically this offense is way better than last year but is still in serious flux. Major improvement on the O-line but it's not there yet plus I think you have to work on it every year. WR group better but still has some holes in it. RBs are in transition we got a young guy who could be great and a steady vet this year but still need more as we go. TEs are improved but still rookies and need time. Overall our offense is better this year but let's not sugar coat it last year's was terrible. Another decent offseason and they could be good some luck they could be great but probably need more time for that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He certainly played his part in getting the win.  215 yards 2 TDs 1 Int.  98.4 passer rating  72% completion with at least one bad drop.  Not bad against a defense that doesn't allow other teams to score.

Important stat, 100% completion to Brown, Beasley, and Duke.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

It’s a good win,,, better than any loss. But you are not going to have many teams miss three fgs like that. We also had our OC call three pass plays when we finally got the lead and we burned zero clock. Luckily Dabol got a chance to redeem himself and saw that had shpild have called the gore runs sooner. We got some luck there , also titans had a holding , illegal formation , and we still have up a td before it was nullified by Marietta crossing the line and he did that by literally a foot. I mean it’s great to win and enjoy it but you also have to not accept this as the standard you want to hold your team to.  Good news is we somehow won and we hopefully can build on this from a confidence standpoint. Young teams need to learn how to win and we are developing that winning culture. But to be there at the end of the season we need to clean a lot up. We had another bad int that resulted in the game being tied and we should have kicked that fg early whenpoints were hard to come by yet we did a bad qb sneak. Just need to clean this stuff up so Sunday’s keep,us all smiling! ??

Well said.  Yep, we have a few things to clean up.  They'll get there.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Josh did enough today.  He also played a lot smarter; threw the ball away when nothing was there, slid on runs, and didn't try the hero ball.  Only problem was the dumb pick...I had no idea who he was throwing it to.

Yeldon, who inexplicably stopped running.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

The determination this team plays with is amazing. Morse gets hurt, Next man up. Feliciano moves to center. Next man up. Ford gets hurt......Next man up. Duke gets the nod and validates the decision to activate him for the game. KUDOS to Beane for building such a deep roster.  Josh is s l o w l y getting the message. To the fans that went to Nashville for the game LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!. Way to standup and represent.  But a great road win.. 3-0 on the road. Enjoy your bye week. Its well deserved. Feels great to be a Bills fan. 

See...these are the games that good teams win and don't let get away. The Bills are a good team again. Two tough games in a row makes them stronger in the end.

• Like (+1) 1

louis-jacques_marcel.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Marcel Louis-JacquesESPN 

Not a lot of love lost in the Bills locker room for Titans OT Taylor Lewan, who returned from a 4-game suspension today. Asked a few players if they noticed any lack of cohesion or rust from him and the Titans line... From Jordan Phillips (3 sacks): "I was really happy Lewan came back today. I'm glad he could be a part of that today"... From Shaq Lawson: "We knew what his weakness was — he gives up inside moves and this was an inside game. He's a fake tough guy...He was quiet today"

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
10m
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

Probably because there were 2 Titans players waiting where he was headed, so he hooked up before that.

Just rewatched it. He definitely gave up on it. If he just runs it out it’s no more than a pass breakup. Maybe a first down. He was staring at Allen. 

Thats about 85% on Yeldon 

Edited by Stank_Nasty