10/6/2019 Bills @Titans post game thread

Everyone is going to talk about how a kicker cost the Titans the game, but Vrabel should be fired for attempting a 53-yard FG in that situation.  He was badly outcoached by McDermott, and I don’t say that lightly.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, london_bills said:

Decent isn't that far away from good

Yes, but there is a significant difference. To me, decent is a backhanded compliment. He was good. But maybe we have different parameters in terms of usage of these terms. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Everyone is going to talk about how a kicker cost the Titans the game, but Vrabel should be fired for attempting a 53-yard FG in that situation.  He was badly outcoached by McDermott, and I don’t say that lightly.

I said it in the other thread, McDermott went for the 4th down because of the bad kicking conditions on the field.

Vrable should know his own home field.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, VW82 said:

You're crediting Josh, I suppose? I thought he had a predictably rough day against a tough Tenn defense. It really helped his stat line that the McKenzie run was considered a passing play.

Daboll, Gore, and the Oline get an unreasonable amount of hate around here. I thought they were the difference today (along with our always good D and the Titans kicker). 

Yes, Josh Allen is the only QB in history to benefit from a pass traveling one hard in the air that his receiver turned into a long gainer. 

GTF out of here with your incessant crap. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

43 minutes ago, VW82 said:

You're crediting Josh, I suppose? I thought he had a predictably rough day against a tough Tenn defense. It really helped his stat line that the McKenzie run was considered a passing play.

Daboll, Gore, and the Oline get an unreasonable amount of hate around here. I thought they were the difference today (along with our always good D and the Titans kicker). 

He certainly played his part in getting the win.  215 yards 2 TDs 1 Int.  98.4 passer rating  72% completion with at least one bad drop.  Not bad against a defense that doesn't allow other teams to score.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, TitansPerspective said:

I said good game, you had guys calling me a troll and I stayed calm collected and kind and you wana talk trash? Way 2 be a piece of *****. 

A. It’s even more hilarious now that claimed the offense was loaded. 250 total yds. YIKES. 

B. I’ll admit I peaked on your board a time or 2 and the lack of respect for the our obviously ELITE defense was sickening. 

C. Tell that character “Justafan” reading his analysis all week on buffalo might have made me dumber with each post he wrote.... there was just a ton of delusion over there in general. 

7 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Yeah it's a strange one. Look, they are doing well but if the great defence have an off day we are most probably going to lose the game as theres not enough on offense.

So we have a good D that gave them fits.  They have a good D and gave us fits.  But for some reason it means our D is good but our O is bad.

People around here are unbelievable

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Putin said:

We were underdogs on the road we won the game , what's not to like GOOOOOO BILLS 

It’s a good win,,, better than any loss. But you are not going to have many teams miss three fgs like that. We also had our OC call three pass plays when we finally got the lead and we burned zero clock. Luckily Dabol got a chance to redeem himself and saw that had should have called the gore runs sooner. We got some luck there , also titans had a holding , illegal formation , and we still have up a td before it was nullified by Mariotta crossing the line and he did that by literally a foot. I mean it’s great to win and enjoy it but you also have to not accept this as the standard you want to hold your team to.  Good news is we somehow won and we hopefully can build on this from a confidence standpoint. Young teams need to learn how to win and we are developing that winning culture. But to be there at the end of the season we need to clean a lot up. We had another bad int that resulted in the game being tied and we should have kicked that fg early when points were hard to come by yet we choose to call  a bad qb sneak. Just need to clean this stuff up so Sunday’s keep us all smiling! ??

Edited by DrPJax
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Yes, but there is a significant difference. To me, decent is a backhanded compliment. He was good. But maybe we have different parameters in terms of usage of these terms. 

Backhanded compliment as in not really impressed with him you mean and I'm not giving him credit? Maybe..

I thought he played good in the first half, went on record here saying that. Then I thought he played quite a bit worse after for a bit. We can go with good when you add in the TD drive but 3td, 300 yards could be seen as playing good for example. 

I thought some throws that were not caught were good throws and could of been catches. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

It’s a good win,,, better than any loss. But you are not going to have many teams miss three fgs like that. We also had our OC call three pass plays when we finally got the lead and we burned zero clock. Luckily Dabol got a chance to redeem himself and saw that had shpild have called the gore runs sooner. We got some luck there , also titans had a holding , illegal formation , and we still have up a td before it was nullified by Marietta crossing the line and he did that by literally a foot. I mean it’s great to win and enjoy it but you also have to not accept this as the standard you want to hold your team to.  Good news is we somehow won and we hopefully can build on this from a confidence standpoint. Young teams need to learn how to win and we are developing that winning culture. But to be there at the end of the season we need to clean a lot up. We had another bad int that resulted in the game being tied and we should have kicked that fg early whenpoints were hard to come by yet we did a bad qb sneak. Just need to clean this stuff up so Sunday’s keep,us all smiling! ??

If the kicker makes those 3 FGs, and we go for the FG instead of going on 4th, we still win by 1.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

Said the same thing. He is going to get roasted for that decision and rightly so.

• Like (+1) 1