10/6/2019 Bills @Titans post game thread

2 minutes ago, dous21 said:

Still not convinced in this offense

we will most likely be in every game this season due to our defense but man this offense is abysmal at times. made a bang average titans defense look all pro 

Would love for Beane to bring in some extra ammo on O.  

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Would love for Beane to bring in some extra ammo on O.  

I mean it might help but offense will go as far as Allen can take it

and right now he significantly behind other young QB's. he has yet to have that 300+ 3TD 0INT game for us. 

1 minute ago, dous21 said:

we will most likely be in every game this season due to our defense but man this offense is abysmal at times. made a bang average titans defense look all pro 

I'd consider them a top 10 defense.  We have to get better on offense though and having our line and Singletary get healthy will be key.

man, what a game today!

this was my type of game. these types of games are more exciting than a 42 - 38 shootout. i like rooting for the defense to get stops, to me, that is excitement!

additionally, this was the exact type of game Josh needed today. not that he didn't believe they couldn't win this type of game but to just ingrain it within him that yes, protecting the ball and not beating ourselves is good football and will win you games. there is a fine line to walk with regard though, we are not going to win this type of game every time and we still need Josh to have that gunslinger mentality so that he can go out there and win the game with his arm. so we don't want him to completely lose that side but until he develops a bit further with the mental side of the game, this style of play will take us a long way.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Okay so the next 6 games are Dolphins (twice), Eagles, Skins, Browns and Broncos.

If you go purely by form we should take at least 4 out of that and, assuming we lose to the Browns and Eagles, we'd still be 8-3 heading into that final run.

Now, we could also easily take one or even both of the others, but even if we got one, that would be immense and would also give us some room to have a hiccup against the Skins or Broncos (I will not accept a shock win Vs Miami).

Anyhoo, 8-3 would be great and if I were offered it now I'd take it. 

Rough run in with the Pats, Cowboys and Ravens, but the Steelers look very beatable and the Jets should have fully imploded by then. 10-6 and a wildcard looks well within reach. And all we need is an upset of one of these others and we could get to the 11 wins I predicted before the season!

Long way to go but we're getting some breaks and the bye came at just the right time

The offense will need to improve immensely. They struggle so much to get two or three scores when they have the talent to fairly easily score 24 each week and to do it earlier in the game. I hope Josh works on nothing but the long ball the next two weeks.

27 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The one they actually called right?

I'm referring to the multiple phantom holding calls on O and D against the Bills. The encroachment on a false start and non intentional grounding when grounding was there. 

Looking at the replay, turn the tables and if that situation was called against bills, fans would be pissed.   

1 minute ago, yungmack said:

The offense will need to improve immensely. They struggle so much to get two or three scores when they have the talent to fairly easily score 24 each week and to do it earlier in the game. I hope Josh works on nothing but the long ball the next two weeks.

Yeah it's a strange one. Look, they are doing well but if the great defence have an off day we are most probably going to lose the game as theres not enough on offense.

tough road game … our QB did not even get a full week of practice.

Defense was great again.  Special teams cleaned up their act. Offense did just enough. 

The bye is at the right time, we need to get healthy and get ready for the tough stretch ahead. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The one they actually called right?

I'm referring to the multiple phantom holding calls on O and D against the Bills. The encroachment on a false start and non intentional grounding when grounding was there. 

They did take 2 Titan TD's off the board.

Phantom holding on Lewan on the first drive negated a big play.

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

Looking at the replay, turn the tables and if that situation was called against bills, fans would be pissed.   

It's was the right call on the field live and on the replay. I would have been pissed if Allen threw it there instead of running free into the endzone.

10 minutes ago, dous21 said:

Offense needs to be able to make some big /long plays. That isn't happening.