10/6/2019 Bills @Titans post game thread

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Exactly. I was critical of the pick, but that’s a great D he just beat on the road coming off a concussion. Aside from the 1 pick, very efficient day. 72% completion percentage for the people that care about that stat. 

.....that was not an efficient day if you look at the totality of his play. the billls were very fortunate to win this game. credit to JA for a couple of late drives. But man this sahara desert stuff for 2 to 3 qtrs needs to stop

Edited by Tcali
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He was efficient and smart with the football. If you want to blame him for the interception that's fine but that was his only mistake. Titans had good pressure, our receivers had trouble getting open, our TEs couldnt hang on to the ball, and our run game was non existent until the final drive. Allen didn't have much help but didn't let it get to his head. I'm very happy with how he played after the worst game of his career last week.

You had an all-pro safety peal off the man he was covering to undercut a route another db was trailing.

Folks should recognize a great defensive play when they see one, but not everyone does.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

ill take this win,  the last drive for the Bills,   that was winning football.   This team is in a good place, record wise.    many many facets of the Bills' game that can and needs to improve for any real shot at reaching the playoffs and even possibly winning in them.

not every team has a fg kicker who will miss 4 straight.  keep that in mind.

I agree. But every team won't be a top 5 defense either.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He was efficient and smart with the football. If you want to blame him for the interception that's fine but that was his only mistake.

I'm not sure that was Josh's fault. I only saw one replay, but it looked like Yeldon gave up on the route while the defender continued. Josh put the ball where Yeldon was supposed to be.

• Like (+1) 2

The determination this team plays with is amazing. Morse gets hurt, Next man up. Feliciano moves to center. Next man up. Ford gets hurt......Next man up. Duke gets the nod and validates the decision to activate him for the game. KUDOS to Beane for building such a deep roster.  Josh is s l o w l y getting the message. To the fans that went to Nashville for the game LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!. Way to standup and represent.  But a great road win.. 3-0 on the road. Enjoy your bye week. Its well deserved. Feels great to be a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I agree. But every team won't be a top 5 defense either.

Some nice plays on that drive. Helped by a generous personal foul flag and the missed field goals but good plays when they needed to be made. When we are on top of teams we are not putting them away though. That will catch up. The winning games is impressive.

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Okay so the next 6 games are Dolphins (twice), Eagles, Skins, Browns and Broncos.

If you go purely by form we should take at least 4 out of that and, assuming we lose to the Browns and Eagles, we'd still be 8-3 heading into that final run.

Now, we could also easily take one or even both of the others, but even if we got one, that would be immense and would also give us some room to have a hiccup against the Skins or Broncos (I will not accept a shock win Vs Miami).

Anyhoo, 8-3 would be great and if I were offered it now I'd take it. 

Rough run in with the Pats, Cowboys and Ravens, but the Steelers look very beatable and the Jets should have fully imploded by then. 10-6 and a wildcard looks well within reach. And all we need is an upset of one of these others and we could get to the 11 wins I predicted before the season!

Long way to go but we're getting some breaks and the bye came at just the right time

Edited by RobbRiddick

3 minutes ago, Tcali said:

.....that was not an efficient day if you look at the totality of his play. the billls were very fortunate to win this game. credit to JA for a couple of late drives. But man this sahara desert stuff for 2 to 3 qtrs needs to stop

I agree that we were fortunate to get the win. It was a sloppy game, but how was he not efficient? He took only what the defense gave him and would had a few more completions if it weren’t for 1 or 2 drops. 

8 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Exactly. I was critical of the pick, but that’s a great D he just beat on the road coming off a concussion. Aside from the 1 pick, very efficient day. 72% completion percentage for the people that care about that stat. 

Allen was decent today

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm not sure that was Josh's fault. I only saw one replay, but it looked like Yeldon gave up on the route while the defender continued. Josh put the ball where Yeldon was supposed to be.

I agree but it's splitting hairs at this point. The win means I don't need to overthink it.

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

I agree that we were fortunate to get the win. It was a sloppy game, but how was he not efficient? He took only what the defense gave him and would had a few more completions if it weren’t for 1 or 2 drops. 

he had great FP  for over a half and did nothing with it

6 minutes ago, Tcali said:

They are not playing a complete game yet.