The Cairo Santos appreciation thread.

Beast

12 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Quit being a wet blanket for Cripes sake. 

Seriously.

you made the thread. what was your point? talk about wet blankets 

8 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Didn’t he miss 4 FGs? If so, then if he had made them the Titans would have had 19 points, not 16.

Nevertheless, I think the point is, even if he had made 3 out of the 4 FGs, I think we still win since we were in FG range at the end.

Despite that, I’m still thankful for the misses, though I do feel bad for the guy.

my bad, it was 4. so they get the go ahead td. 21-19

either way, they were destined to win, or they wouldn't have.

I know, the OP was just slinging ***** to see if it would stick is all.

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you made the thread. what was your point? talk about wet blankets 

my bad, it was 4. so they get the go ahead td. 21-19

either way, they were destined to win, or they wouldn't have.

I know, the OP was just slinging ***** to see if it would stick is all.

Yeah, that’s what I was doing.

You got me.

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Bad teams find any way to lose, good teams find any way to win.

ALWAYS applies.

Two of those kicks were from 50+. It also is played differently if you are the Bill's if he made any one of those. I feel bad this guys career is over essentially but the Bill's did benefit from this disaster. 

I was at the Minnesota @ Giants game & from time to time I would turn on the Redzone channel on my phone.  It seemed like every time they went to the Bills game, Santos was missing a kick.  At one point I thought they were replaying a prior miss.

I saw the Duke TD on my phone and started cheering wildly in the stands of Met-Life while the Giants were getting their butts kicked & yelled out "Duke freaking Williams" several times.  I came close to not saying freaking, but I was able to maintain my self control.  My friend who is Giants fan who I went to the game with tried to calm me down to no avail.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Delete this thread!!  

There is no laughing in seeing another kicker miss. That could be us one day. Just be thankful and move on, is what I say. 

We can’t enjoy a kicker having a bad game against us?

How about the opposing QB?

Should I cheer for both teams?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We're very fortunate Santos had a terrible game.  Not sure we win this if Santos made those kicks

You can typically say that about a small handful of plays in any game.  Belichick*** ought to send flowers and whiskey to Heath Farwell for that blocked punt.  Not sure they win it if Bills don't repeat the same coverage mistake they put down on tape and allow the punt to be blocked.

But we did, and they won.  And they did, and we won.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can typically say that about a small handful of plays in any game.  Belichick*** ought to send flowers and whiskey to Heath Farwell for that blocked punt.  Not sure they win it if Bills don't repeat the same coverage mistake they put down on tape and allow the punt to be blocked.

But we did, and they won.  And they did, and we won.

Hmmm, yeah.  Hard to argue that...good point.

15 hours ago, CLTbills said:

This blew my mind too. Dude couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat and you trot him out there for a 53-yarder, down 7 more than halfway through the 4th quarter of a defensive battle game?  

Vrabel didn't think about giving up field position either.  Guess he really thought he was going to make that kick. lol

Just now, Azucho98 said:

Vrabel didn't think about giving up field position either.  Guess he really thought he was going to make that kick. lol

Exactly. Because at that point, the Bills only need to go 25 yards to be in Hauschka's range.