The Cairo Santos appreciation thread.

Beast

48 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

With an assist to the mind-boggling decision to attempt a 53 yard FG on 4th and 4, down 7 with 6:30 to go.  

In a defensive struggle....

With a kicker who was already 0 for 3......

:doh:

Bizarre call. Almost Bills like! 

43 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I hope the Bills gave him a game ball.

Oh *****, that would be classic! 

46 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

If there's any fanbase that should hold off sneering at an opposing team's kicking foibles, it should be Bills fans. 

I suppose so if I was still living 30 years in the past.

But I’m not.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Does he have a foundation? 

We could donate $7 to a charity that specializes in foot cancer or something in his honor...

Or $12 in honor of the points he left on the field.

$12 is better... Any Titans charity.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

With an assist to the mind-boggling decision to attempt a 53 yard FG on 4th and 4, down 7 with 6:30 to go.  

... with a 250 lb. running back who was lately getting 5+ yard chunks at will. That was indeed one of the worst coaching calls I have ever seen. That kick had zero chance of making it through the uprights. Even punting, or throwing a hail Mary for a pick were better options.

Edited by skibum

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

This blew my mind too. Dude couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat and you trot him out there for a 53-yarder, down 7 more than halfway through the 4th quarter of a defensive battle game?  

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

would you thank him if he made them? say he did. it would of been the same outcome. bills win 17-16 after JA drives them in to field goal range where haus money kicks the winning field goal.

Quit being a wet blanket for Cripes sake. 

Seriously.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I cannot believe Vrabel tried that 4th FG down 7 with 6 minutes left...even if the kicker was 3 for 3 situationally it made no sense...what up until that point made you confidant they would get into our territory again seeing how outside of 2 plays they gained a total of 175 yards.

I agree, was the dumbest calls I’ve seen. Gain nothing by getting 3, lose everything by a miss! Well they lost!

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

would you thank him if he made them? say he did. it would of been the same outcome. bills win 17-16 after JA drives them in to field goal range where haus money kicks the winning field goal.

Didn’t he miss 4 FGs? If so, then if he had made them the Titans would have had 19 points, not 16.

Nevertheless, I think the point is, even if he had made 3 out of the 4 FGs, I think we still win since we were in FG range at the end.

Despite that, I’m still thankful for the misses, though I do feel bad for the guy.