The Cairo Santos appreciation thread.

Beast

Just now, matter2003 said:

I cannot believe Vrabel tried that 4th FG down 7 with 6 minutes left...even if the kicker was 3 for 3 situationally it made no sense...what up until that point made you confidant they would get into our territory again seeing how outside of 2 plays they gained a total of 175 yards.

Yeah, that’s pitchfork and torch worthy for the  Titans fans.  Good thing we ran zero clock and gave it right back ?

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

I cannot believe Vrabel tried that 4th FG down 7 with 6 minutes left...even if the kicker was 3 for 3 situationally it made no sense...what up until that point made you confidant they would get into our territory again seeing how outside of 2 plays they gained a total of 175 yards.

That was a real head scratcher 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Yeah, that’s pitchfork and torch worthy for the  Titans fans.  Good thing we ran zero clock and gave it right back ?

No kidding. But hey they deserved that after gloating about that miracle thing!   We got the miracle partially redeemed. Thought they might give one to marriota when he crosses the los but we lucked out!  

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Can't belive Vrabel gave him another chance on that 53 yarder 

Eric Wood was positively mystified by that choice as well.  The Titans also failed to go for it on other 4th down plays knowing time was not their friend.  Their coaching staff contributed heavily to that loss.

The last attempt was like the dumbest thing I have seen a coach do.  First of all, the dude missed 3 FG's, second, its 53 yards.   Third, even if he makes it you still need a TD to win the game.   That knocked the BIlls decision to QB sneak on 4th and 2 the second worse decision of the day.

THey said on the postgame the third one was blocked?  Blocked because of a good play or blocked cause he kicked it at someone?

Edited by mattynh