Could Yeldon play WR?

There seems to be some question about what we have at WR (beyond Brown and Beasley). Zay continues to let down. Foster and McKenzie are both hurt and Roberts is a ST guy. Obviously we brought up Duke Williams today but who knows how that will go? Baring any unforeseen event (where this issue resolves itself in the next few weeks) Is there any chance we could try Yeldon at WR?

I realize catching balls out of the backfield is different then actually lining up and running routes. But from everything I have seen, Yeldon seems to be a very effective receiver. Yeldon was the spark that got our offense going in the second half last week and had Allen not gone down, who knows? When Singletary gets healthy, the carries are going to be dominated by him and Gore. You don’t want to lose the wrinkle that Yeldon brings to the offense. Perhaps we can work TJ  in as a WR and let him make some plays in the passing game. From what I have seen, after Brown Beasley and Knox..Yeldon is our next best weapon in the passing game. I realize it’s not a conventional way of running an offense but you need to find a way to get the most out of what you have. Go Bills!

No.  There is a big difference running routes from the line having to beat press coverage and a DB covering you closely than it is to release out of the backfield and catch passes in open space and having to beat a LB in coverage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No.  There is a big difference running routes from the line having to beat press coverage and a DB covering you closely than it is to release out of the backfield and catch passes in open space and having to beat a LB in coverage.

...agree 'Dawg...besides isn't his alleged forte' a pass catching RB?.....Patsies' Kevin Faulk used to destroy us in that role......

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There seems to be some question about what we have at WR (beyond Brown and Beasley). Zay continues to let down. Foster and McKenzie are both hurt and Roberts is a ST guy. Obviously we brought up Duke Williams today but who knows how that will go? Baring any unforeseen event (where this issue resolves itself in the next few weeks) Is there any chance we could try Yeldon at WR?

I realize catching balls out of the backfield is different then actually lining up and running routes. But from everything I have seen, Yeldon seems to be a very effective receiver. Yeldon was the spark that got our offense going in the second half last week and had Allen not gone down, who knows? When Singletary gets healthy, the carries are going to be dominated by him and Gore. You don’t want to lose the wrinkle that Yeldon brings to the offense. Perhaps we can work TJ  in as a WR and let him make some plays in the passing game. From what I have seen, after Brown Beasley and Knox..Yeldon is our next best weapon in the passing game. I realize it’s not a conventional way of running an offense but you need to find a way to get the most out of what you have. Go Bills!

We don't need to try to convert a RB to WR.  We need another good RB

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

We need to use Roberts more as a WR!

I think we will.  He came into the season injured, remember - last week was his 2nd game back, and they limited him a lot in his first

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

This was something I thought about a while ago and now that the offense has continued to be stagnant, I think activating Yeldon would be a good idea. Gore is done. I have been saying it all season but it’s just now that other people are starting to notice it. He’s a nice story and he held it down while Singletary was hurt, he’s a great mentor for the young guys but his legs are shot. He can’t hit the hole and runs that are 4 yards would be 15 for Singletary. Bring Yeldon up and let him catch 5 or 6 passes. Yeldon is an excellent receiver. IMO behind Brown and Beasley he’s our best weapon in the passing game. It’s ridiculous to continue to have him inactive. We have almost no playmakers on offense and we are dressing guys for STs over Yeldon. Our qb can’t hit a down field pass to save his life, having a guy that can turn a check down into a big play would be nice. Our offense should be run primarily through Singletary and then after that it’s got to be catch and run. Yeldon gives us a nice pass catching option out of the backfield and you can also line him up in the slot. Gore needs to be phased out and id have him as the 3 if not inactive on game day.

I am all aboard with activating Yeldon, but I am still forever confused with posters here always talking about switching players’ positions, as if this is Madden. Yeldon, Oliver, Edmunds, the list goes on and on. Please stop.

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1