Fire Sale in Denver going to happen

MAJBobby

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I think folks are concerned about giving up a first rounder for a defensive player when the offense is clearly so far behind the defense.

Personally, I don't think it'll take a 1st to get Miller, and I also don't worry about not having a first given the depth of both the FA and 2020 WR classes.

good take.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

We will offer a #2 and he will go to NE for 

1 minute ago, JinxedBill said:

I’d love to have miller but I think the defense is elite already.  I’d rather trade for offensive help like Sanders. 

Miller would be awesome opposite Hughes. 

This would be the kind of move that Beane would make. If the Bills are convinced that Miller has a few good years left. It would take some pressure off 2020 draft board decisions.

10 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep, Beane understands you have to fix the line for wide receivers and quarterback and running back to look good. 

Agreed.  And he signed seven free agent offensive linemen in the offseason.

Get Miller !!!!!! It's a must do Brandon Beane !!!!!! The fans have spoken !!!!!

Don't forget to also get A.J. Green and Stephon Diggs !!!!!

Salary Cap Purgatory be Damned !!!!!

....and don't raise ticket prices !!!!!

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

so in Avon Miller’s case for Bills that is 

18M prorated this year

18M next year

18M in 21 

ooo and no guarantees unless Bills pick up options in 20 and 21 

Ultimately the trade compensation guarantees the rest of the deal for all practical intents and purposes 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

And guess what happens to those cap hits POST trade. They are not as much 

Spotrac has me puzzled about his contract, but it seems clear he gets at least $18M/year

I confess to curiousity about how some twitter dude speculating about players the Broncs "might be" willing to trade to the Eagles, turns into "Fire Sale Gonna Happen"

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Spotrac has me puzzled about his contract, but it seems clear he gets at least $18M/year

I confess to curiousity about how some twitter dude speculating about players the Broncs "might be" willing to trade to the Eagles, turns into "Fire Sale Gonna Happen"

just one of the Many posts about Broncos going into selling mode on Twitter. 

We can afford Miller, that would be sick.

23 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I'd give up a first for Miller in a heartbeat.  I mean, who wouldn't want to trade pick 32 for a star pass rusher?

lol- love it. I would as well. Its freaking Von Miller, a game-changer. 

in order to stay outta cap hell in this league u need to shop for value.   Miller isnt value,  hes old,  expensive,  prbly doesnt want to play here,  and adding him doesnt take u to the promised land b4 he inevitably leaves.   hard pass.   

u look for good young mid range guys to grab.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

in order to stay outta cap hell in this league u need to shop for value.   Miller isnt value,  hes old,  expensive,  prbly doesnt want to play here,  and adding him doesnt take u to the promised land b4 he inevitably leaves.   hard pass.   

I’m all for adding a vet or two but I agree not a guy like Von Miller.  If we were super bowl contenders missing that once piece it’s a different story.  Now I would certainly entertain the idea of Emmanuel Sanders for a mid round pick.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’m all for adding a vet or two but I agree not a guy like Von Miller.  If we were super bowl contenders missing that once piece it’s a different story.  Now I would certainly entertain the idea of Emmanuel Sanders for a mid round pick.  

The only thing keeping us from being SB contenders is the development of our QB. If he kicks it into gear all the sudden we’re on the precipice and having the missing piece would be nice.

not saying Miller is the missing piece, but that it wouldn’t hurt to add said piece now.

9 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

When you have a QBs on a rookie deal you play by different rules 

and if your expectation isn’t competing for the super bowl in the next 18 months, you’re expectations are too low 

• Like (+1) 1