Fire Sale in Denver going to happen

MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

No thank you to Von Miller.  He’s nearly untradeable with they way they structured his contract.  

Cap Hits: 1) 2019: 25M, 2) 2020: 26M 3) 2021: 22M.  

Seems to be working just fine for the Bears. While Allen is on his rookie deal, we’ve got enough space to do this deal and lock up our own guys. 

11 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

I have no idea how the money works post trade, but the Broncos restructure looks very I intimidating.  

And that along with signing bonus go into the dead cap post trade to Den. 

meaning for Bills cap hits are

this year the prorated 18M

20 - 18M

21 - 18M 

Edited by MAJBobby

12 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

I have no idea how the money works post trade, but the Broncos restructure looks very I intimidating.  

Think of it this way: old teams cap has to account for money already paid, while new team takes future payments.

so the cap hits you are looking at are meaningless.

Look at salary and future bonus payments for our commitment and the Broncos would eat all the amortized bonuses they paid but we’re spreading across future year caps

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Think of it this way: old teams cap has to account for money already paid, while new team takes future payments.

so the cap hits you are looking at are meaningless.

Look at salary and future bonus payments for our commitment and the Broncos would eat all the amortized bonuses they paid but we’re spreading across future year caps

so in Avon Miller’s case for Bills that is 

18M prorated this year

18M next year

18M in 21 

ooo and no guarantees unless Bills pick up options in 20 and 21