Fire Sale in Denver going to happen

MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’m all for adding a vet or two but I agree not a guy like Von Miller.  If we were super bowl contenders missing that once piece it’s a different story.  Now I would certainly entertain the idea of Emmanuel Sanders for a mid round pick.  

How do you know we’re not?

25 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

How does Elway survive this once the ownership issues are resolved?

How?!  Despite the relative lack of success for the franchise under his leadership as GM, saying ‘Elway’ in Denver is akin to saying ‘Randolph Scott’ in Rock Ridge.

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Ha, not to derail, but me too. I've heard good things. Pretty sure I went to final Calico's game last year.

Enjoy the game.

Also, i love the idea of Von Miller (if only Van were alive)

Much better than McFaddens.  

4 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Oh man. I’d be all over Von if he can be had. He’s 30, but that’s not as big a concern for pass rushers. A legit pass rusher is the last piece on this defense to make it elite.

Also, wouldn’t hate adding Derek Wolfe. 

bigger concern for Denver might be the giant Dead cap hit they would take 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

When you have a QBs on a rookie deal you play by different rules 

and if your expectation isn’t competing for the super bowl in the next 18 months, you’re expectations are too low 

Miller is actually the perfect kind of player to pursue at this stage as his contract runs out just as Allen reaches the end of his.

That said what they really need more than anything is a legit, playmaking #1 WR.  

The Bills have a ton of cap space in the next couple of seasons but they probably would not get Miller or a guy like AJ Green outright in UFA.........and the league is pretty wide open.........so it makes sense to acquire a veteran playmaker here and make a run at it if the draft pick compensation is reasonable.

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Was pleasantly surprised by Duke today even though we all knew this was needed. Sills V could've tripled that output though?

Watching him run over that B.C. Lions defensive back a while back showed the kid has a lot of heart.  Congratulations to him on his first NFL touchdown.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Tre is due soon... Hyde and Poyer should be on bigger contracts.... 

sit pat and draft

4 hours ago, offyourocker said:

Does he fit our system?  Isn’t is a 3-4 LB?

yep

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm sure we'd find a place for him.

nope

The only way I see us trading for Von is if it’s for a mid round pick like a 3rd or 4th and if he agrees ( which I doubt) to a massive pay cut. We have other free agents coming up that we need to think about and work on them getting extended. Beans unlike Whaley cares about our Cap room and will make sure we don’t end up in salary cap hell like we did under Whaley. I would like to have Von for sure but not at his current contract and also the fact that his play has declined the last 3 years

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

How?!  Despite the relative lack of success for the franchise under his leadership as GM, saying ‘Elway’ in Denver is akin to saying ‘Randolph Scott’ in Rock Ridge.

Randolph Scott is probably my favorite cowboy. Between him and Audie Murphy 

2 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I don't think we would have a chance at von, hes 30, he would want go to a contender now, like eagles saints, patriots.  

We're not a contender??

• Awesome! (+1) 1