Antonio Brown files grievances, seeking more than $40M

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sad part is (and I’m guilty of it), people would rather just laugh at big of an idiot he is.  But I do feel like a good start for AB is just manning up and admitting his mistakes in all of this.  He loves to blame everyone else for everything. 

There is a fundamental truth that the tried and true AA method taps into.

Change only really happens when a person is truly ready to accept the fact that they have a problem and have made poor choices.

Accountability is a rare commodity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you are lumping Kaepernick with Brown, you are a moron.  

They lumped themselves together by lawsuits and social media attacks not me.  

When you go on social media to bad mouth their teams and NFL they cannot expect this to result in being signed by a team.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the point has been made several times that Kaepernick doesn't belong to be coupled with Antonio Brown.

Kaepernick by all accounts was a best-behaved teammate who got black balled for philosophical/political/PR reasons he is not talented to overcome.

No they do not but they grouped themselves together by their actions.

Antonio Brown clearly has skills left but his entitled attitude has made him poison.

Kaepernick had skills but whether they have deteriorated since he decided to mix NFL with politics has not been determined.  He also made other changes like becoming vegan which may have decreased his physical abilities.  Kaepernick had several teams willing to talk to him about being a backup but either he was unwilling to accept their offer/contract with conditions or they never gave a former offer we do not know.  Comparisons are made constantly about skills he showed (past tense) vs skills of backup QBs currently playing but there many factors including required salary, how much signing would affect ticket sales and advertising, how it would affect locker room, etc. are all factors.  His best chance is to sign veteran minimum contract post-week 1 being paid week-to-week and demonstrate that he is in football shape and a good teammate.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I’m skeptical of anyone that types (c)rap music 

I guess I am like my father in that matter.  He hated the jazz and R&B I listened to using racial epitaph regarding it.

I feel same about rap music believing it is not worth the paper it is written on.

The only active case against Brown is the civil lawsuit his former trainer, Britney Taylor, filed accusing him of rape and sexual assault. Taylor reportedly met with the NFL for 10 hours Monday as it considers discipline for the receiver, but keep an eye out for more charges Brown could face this fall.    (sept 18 - 2019 )

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-antonio-brown-may-face-criminal-charges-next-few-weeks     

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Antonio Brown is currently scheduled to meet with the NFL in person next Thursday.  (current)

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/11415/antonio-brown

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

so many of us lead such simple lives.... :(

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We're little people, with little lives

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm nearly 6 foot so I'm not a little person.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Average NFL football player 6'4".

You a smurf

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm the second tallest person in Beijing.  

I can eat a whole large pizza in one sitting.

I think I can eat a whole large pizza in one sitting.

...can anyone buy me a whole large pizza so we can see if I can eat it in one sitting?

You know how people use the saying "keep them in a bubble" usually meant to keep someone safe?  Well, I wish we could sign AB a put him in a bubble for the purposes of keeping everyone on the team, in the organization and in humanity in general, safe from him.

If there was little or no contact with him as a person other than Xs and Os we may actually be on to something.  

No interviews...ever.  No nothing other than paying him and his play.  Then he goes home.

I'm sorry.  I went to my happy place for a couple of seconds.

Please PM about the pizza thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, aristocrat said:

it's so dumb to keep that much cash in a bank account. should be invested 

I'm actually impressed that he has that much money saved up.    I was thinking that he had been spending all his money on his posse and flashy bling.      

Edited by prissythecat
grammar correction

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I'm just surprised how many new posters we get with how much of a joke this forum is.

we thank you for being the Platonic Buddha of Enlightenment, coming down from your imperial throne to condescend to talk with us

GFY

When all is said and done, this dude may just be the bargain of the century. 

No doubt he is going to have to take a reasonably cheap offer to get back on a team.  And any team willing to sign him will have to have language in the deal to protect them from his behavior.  He has to know that this is his last chance (if he even gets it).  Maybe, just maybe, he signs, keeps his mouth shut, and absolutely kills it.  Probably not, but maybe.  And if you're a team in desperate need of a stud WR, would you sign him for $2M/$5M/$10M to see?  I think someone will.