Antonio Brown files grievances, seeking more than $40M

With his playing career on hold as the NFL investigates him, free agent receiver Antonio Brown and his legal team now turn their attention to the courts.

Brown's long-awaited grievances against the Oakland Raiders and New England Patriots have been filed on his behalf by the NFL Players Association, sources say.

His appeal, seeking to recoup roughly $40 million in unpaid salary, fines and voided guarantees, likely won't be heard by the system arbitrator until the spring, sources say. It figures to be a major uphill battle to recoup the entire sum.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001062055/article/antonio-brown-files-grievances-seeking-more-than-40m

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Redeemable at the NFL store.  I would suggest AB jerseys, off the clearance rack.

AB will hang himself in the media before this even goes to court making it even harder to be signed by an NFL team.

Of course that will be the next lawsuit, Collusion by NFL owners

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As the players association is handling the grievance, it’s covered by their funds.  If AB launches his own individual actions, I would advise the suits to get the legal fees up front.

You  have to wonder how many people AB stiffed over the past few years.

Edited by prissythecat
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

With his playing career on hold as the NFL investigates him, free agent receiver Antonio Brown and his legal team now turn their attention to the courts.

Brown's long-awaited grievances against the Oakland Raiders and New England Patriots have been filed on his behalf by the NFL Players Association, sources say.

His appeal, seeking to recoup roughly $40 million in unpaid salary, fines and voided guarantees, likely won't be heard by the system arbitrator until the spring, sources say. It figures to be a major uphill battle to recoup the entire sum.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001062055/article/antonio-brown-files-grievances-seeking-more-than-40m

Upon reflection, after reliving yet another pats game where odd sh#t happened (picked up NE flag in a 4 offensive holding day for the Bills, missed review on the int, the no-fine textbook head shot on JA), coupled with my general disdain for NE, I hope AB goes balls deep and gets the $400 m.  In fact, throw him some punitive damages.  

Today is is my day of rage. 

• Like (+1) 2

Perhaps he can arrive to the arbitration session in an Elon Musk Space X rocket? Someone get on the horn and see what it will take to swap out the hot air balloon rental? Or perhaps as part of a traveling carnival? That seems more appropriate...

13476255_f496.jpg

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Redeemable at the NFL store.  I would suggest AB jerseys, off the clearance rack.  The $300 will go further.

And a high compensatory draft pick to NE...that only seems reasonable under the circumstances:D

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Today is is my day of rage. 

In light of your rage, the league has awarded a compensatory draft pick to the New England Patriots.

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Perhaps he can arrive to the arbitration session in an Elon Musk Space X rocket? 

13476255_f496.jpg

Arrive?  I have different plans for the rocket and AB.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, H2o said:

He won't get it. No way. 

I think he will I’ll end up getting most of his guaranteed money from NE.  I don’t think he will get anything from Oakland as that was prior to the season and he went insane, but NE signed him with that knowledge already in place.

i think NE will be on the hook for most of the 20 million guaranteed and I don’t think Kraft will be happy to pay