10/6/2019 Pregame Thread Bills @ Titans

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I agree with Chandler that we are effectively in playoffs if we win this one. 

This is second key game we play this year (after Jets, with Browns/Ravens bring the remaining two). We need to win 3 of these 4, and this one is probably most important since since it sets the tone and lowers the pressure.

I just hope that Josh is able to bounce back and Singletary is healthy. If Josh avoids turnovers we should be able to get close win.

21:16 or 17:16 Bills.

As someone who has watched 4-1 become 5-2 become 6-10: Don't say that.  Please don't say that.  Jinx.  Jinx.  Avert.  Avert.

What we need to see is that this team will not fold its tents in adversity - that our D is legit, and will be there every week.

We need to see Allen take a deep breath and set his feet, then take the throws he can get.

We need to see our ST coach pull his head out and adjust for unblocked guys.  It's on film, and we're gonna see it until we stop it.

If we see that, hopefullly we will see a win.

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Their OL is better than ours and Henry is a load.  Advantage to them in bad conditions 

I don’t know much about them but I don’t ever hear about their OL being good...  Now they do get Lewan back today so we’ll see if he has any impact.  

Henry is someone you can’t let get any steam.  He goes down pretty easily if you hit him early.  If he gets going downhill, that’s when he’s a wrecking ball. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As someone who has watched 4-1 become 5-2 become 6-10: Don't say that.  Please don't say that.  Jinx.  Jinx.  Avert.  Avert.

What we need to see is that this team will not fold its tents in adversity - that our D is legit, and will be there every week.

We need to see Allen take a deep breath and set his feet, then take the throws he can get.

We need to see our ST coach pull his head out and adjust for unblocked guys.  It's on film, and we're gonna see it until we stop it.

If we see that, hopefullly we will see a win.

Spot on. And not fold it's tents, get complacent when they have a winning record, 5-1 etc if they get one. 

20 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Just listening to WGR:

Bills are tied for 4th in first downs. Up there in yardage (9th) I think. 28th in points scored. Need to capitalise on drives.

If they can stop turning the ball over points scored will improve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

First three weeks: I went to church and we won all three. 

Last week: I hung out with reprobates and drank beer. We lost. 

Heading to church in in an hour. 

Yeah, I really regret snorting coke and banging three prostitutes before last week's game. I guess what works for Kraft and the Pats isn't going to work for everyone

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, billsfan5121 said:

So last year, with the drafting of a QB and breaking the drought the year prior, it was the most stress free season I had witnessed. Wins and losses mattered, but the final season win loss record didn’t stress me out since we finally tasted the playoffs.

Going into this season, I told everyone that I had the same feeling. All I cared about was Allen’s development, in hopes of it giving us hope that year 3 and beyond were more than just playoff chances, but actual playoff runs. I didn’t think I’d get stressed and would still care more about Allen’s development than win loss outcome. 

Here we are, at 3-1, and that’s gone out the window. I am excited and nervous because 4-1 with this team and this schedule would set us up nicely for double digit wins, which we haven’t seen in 20 years. We need this game. To me, it has the feel of a playoff game, with full knowledge that it’s just one game in a 16 game season. Our season can turn on this one game. Not to overlook opponents, but 4-1 should turn into 5-1, setting us up nicely for 6-2 at worse. We haven’t won 6 in first 10 games in 20 years either. We need this. Let’s go!!!!

Despite being 2-2, the Titans are a very, very good team. These two teams could very well make the playoffs, and if one doesn't, it may be due to this game--head-to-head. Maybe the most important aspect of the actual game today will be Bills Mafia, because home field advantage could be the difference maker.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the most important game so far. Arguably the most important game of Allen's career. 4-1 at the bye with a warm up game in two weeks. Or a 2 game losing streak heading into the bye and the fan base is left wondering what this team is until the end of October. I feel like this game is the fork in the road for this season and Allen's career.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

Man, some of you guys really set yourself

up for a miserable afternoon. It’s no wonder this place is a nuthouse after a loss. This is 1 game in a 16 game season. It carries more importance because it is a conference game against an opponent that the Bills could be up against for a wild card, but it is by no means a fork in the road of the season, or Josh’s career. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is the most important game so far. Arguably the most important game of Allen's career. 4-1 at the bye with a warm up game in two weeks. Or a 2 game losing streak heading into the bye and the fan base is left wondering what this team is until the end of October. I feel like this game is the fork in the road for this season and Allen's career.

Assumption- You account the loss on the Offense, which is probably 95% correct imo.  

If the Defense and STs  F up severely you can’t blame Josh for a loss if he plays exceptionally.  

At at this juncture every game is important. The Bills own the first WC spot.  Protect (their turf) that advantage 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Feel like death, have no voice, still gonna watch.

I'm the fan equivalent of Limited, Limited, Limited, Will Play

I'm with you. I overdid it watching the Sabres romp over there Devils. Got a bit too celebratory. Now I'm dealing with the aftermath. ;(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

up for a miserable afternoon. It’s no wonder this place is a nuthouse after a loss. This is 1 game in a 16 game season. It carries more importance because it is a conference game against an opponent that the Bills could be up against for a wild card, but it is by no means a fork in the road of the season, or Josh’s career. 

The logical side of my brain agrees with you. There's another side of my brain that tells me we coast to the playoffs with a win today, or we barely miss the playoffs with a loss. The Titans are a mediocre team and Mariota has been terrible. If we can't outscore them it's a really bad sign.

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Coming off a concussion and a week of limited practice, I would be surprised if Josh does have a career-altering game today. The game plan needs to revert back to the short game with Beasley and Brown’s slants coming early and often in the passing game and a heavy dose of Gore. I’d be happy if Allen orchestrated that well today. Now, off to tailgate!